27th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of PGECET for MCA students?

this is adi,i completed my MCA(Master of computer applications),in 2010,
i want to write pgecet exam,
what is the syllabusss of entrance for computers student

29th April 2011, 02:58 AM
sathish_0606

Default Re: What is the syllabus of PGECET for MCA students?

Engineering Mathematics: Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic, First Order Logic.

Probability: Conditional Probability, Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation, Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.

Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations, Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean algebra.

Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions; recurrence relations; asymptotic.

Data Structures and Algorithms : Notion of abstract data types, Stack, Queue, List, Set, String, Tree, Binary search tree, Heap, Graph;

Tree and graph traversals, connected components, Spanning trees, shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching; Design techniques (Greedy, Dynamic Programming, Divide-and-conquer);

Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average case) of time and space, Upper and Lower bounds on the complexity of specific problems, NP-completeness.

Logic Design and Computer Organization : Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of Combinational and Sequential circuits; Number representation and Computer Arithmetic (fixed and floating point); Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and Data-path, hardwired and micro-programmed control, memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Serial communication interface, Instruction pipelining, Cache main and secondary storage.

Formal Languages and Automata Theory : Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Un-decidability;

System software : Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environment, Code generation, linking (static and dynamic);

Operating Systems : Classical concepts (concurrency, synchronization, deadlock), Processes, threads and Inter-process communication, CPU scheduling, Memory management, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases : Relational model (ER-model, relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control;

Computer networks : ISO / OSI stack, Data encoding and transmission, data link control, sliding window protocols, LAN architecture, LAN systems, Ethernet, Token ring, routing protocols, Packet switching, Network devices – switches, gateways, TCP / UDP, application layer protocols and systems (http, smtp, dns, ftp), network security.

Web technologies : Three tier web based architectures; JSP, ASP, J2EE, .NEET systems; html, XML
5th May 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

where can i get material for this pgecet preparation
10th May 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

any material for non gate computer science
10th May 2011, 05:11 PM
veeresh0

any short term materiel for non gate entrance of computer science
10th May 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

where can i get material for this pgecet preparation
22nd April 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

where i can get material for pgecet preparation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?