14th October 2011, 01:16 PM
sanuja sahadevan

What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for UGC NET? I'm handicapped(80%) and done PG(commerce) from M.G university (Kottayam)

I have cleared my POst Graduation in Commerce with Distinction in the year from M.G University, Kottayam. i am very much interested in cracking the UGC NET (Commerce) Lecturership..........unfortunately i am hearing handicapped(80%) . my disability has never posed a problem to persue academics and i did this along with normal people without going to special schools or colleges.............i hav a good command over hindi , english and malayalam owing to my north indian upbringing. can i apply for NET exam? even if i apply n get through it will i be allowed to take up lecturership as i hav never seen or heard people with HH teaching though i know people with VH are eligibl to teach

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to take admission in PEC? Criteria for admission? Is it UGC recognized?
  2. Should I have to appear in UGC NET to study PhD in Botany in CMS College, Kottayam? Procedure to get admission?
  3. MCA in Delhi University? Procedure and Eligibility Criteria for the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D in Sarashtra University?
  5. Eligibility for Ph.D through NET exam?
  6. What's the eligibility criteria and procedure for taking admission in M.Tech(Mechanical) course in NPTI, Faridabad?
  7. How to take admission in delhi university B.Tech? What is the admission procedure and eligibility criteria?
  8. Admission procedure of B.Pharma in Kottayam Medical College?
  9. Admission criteria for MA in Linguistics in JNU? Other UGC recognized Universities for MA in Linguistics?
  10. Eligibility to get admission in PhD(Geography) course in Panjab University for UGC-NET qualified candidate who has secured 59.1% In M.Sc?
  11. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for distance MBA(HR/IT) postgraduate? Age limit to apply?
  12. Procedure to get admission for B.Ed course in Pune University? Eligibility criteria of the course?
  13. Eligibility criteria, age limits and objective to appear in CSIR UGC NET for MBA-HR(Correspondence) student?
  14. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for a postgraduate with 45% marks?
  15. Eligibility criteria to appear in NET and CAT?
  16. Ph.D in mass communication without writing entrance exam? -- [New]
  17. How can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme being M.Sc(Physics) final year student?
  18. Whether once can appear in NET if failed in a PG paper but passed in the next year?
28th April 2013, 01:41 PM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for UGC NET? I'm handicapped(80%) and done PG(commerce) from M.G university (Kottayam)

Dear Friend,
You must have completed your post graduations that is your Master's Degree with at least 55% marks by any of the UGC recoginsed universities in order to apply for UGC-NET Examinations while that for the PWD and Caste category student there is a minimum percentage of 50% in the Final Master Degree.
And also UGC gives concessions to the PWD Candidates who have completed there Master Degree by 19th September 1991 and must hold the Ph.D Degree have a 5% relaxations in aggregate marks for appearing in UGC-NET Exam.
With these you have to apply online and also submit the certificates of PWD with your applications forms as an proof.
Beside this for clearing rest all other queries regarding the exam you may visit the main site below:-
www.ugc.ac.in

And,Also to apply online to the UGC-NET Exam you may also visit below:-
www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?