9th May 2019, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

From where and how can I start preparation for IIT?

Respected Sir, after completing my 10th class I want to join in IIT Foundation. So, can I study inter or polytechnic? Which is best to study and which is the best state to get IIT seat and which college is better to get well prepared for IIT exams?

14th May 2019, 03:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From where and how can I start preparation for IIT?

To get seat in IIT, you need to first study 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Diploma holder candidtes are not eligible for IIT entrance exam (i.e. JEE Main and JEE Advanced Exam), so you must complete your 11th and 12th standard first with PCM stream.

In 12th standard or after passing it, you can apply for JEE Main Exam.

After qualifying JEE Main Exam, you can apply for JEE Advanced Exam that is jointly conducted by IITs.

Note that for appearing in JEE Advanced Exam, your 10+2 percentage must be above required cutoff or be in Top 20 percentile. Also, you must clear JEE Main cutoff required for appearing in JEE Advanced exam.

You can start preparation for IITs entrance exam from 11th standard onwards. For proper and systematic preparation, you can join reputed coaching institutes like Resonance, Bansal Classes, FIIT-JEE, Allen, etc.
14th May 2019, 08:55 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
As you want to crack IIT, you must do hard work. There are lot of coaching centers for IIT preparation in India but Kota is most famous city for IIT aspirants as it consists lot of institute. You can also prepare for it at home via internet.
You must take non-medical in your 12th class and score well.
Thanks....
10th June 2019, 10:05 PM
palabhishek1499

To start preparation for the IIT, one should have to study 11th and 12th syllabus. NCERT books are not enough for the IIT one have to refer advanced question books, repeated year question and nowadays many youtube channels are also providing IIT syllabus videos and also many android apps are useful for this examination.
If one can afford IIT coaching, then it will be a good option and it will help a lot, while u get different coaching study materials from different books store nearby, which will help a lot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?