11th February 2018, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Whether OC (Kapu) caste comes under OBC, SC, ST or Unreserved category?

Sir, I belong to OC (Kapu). Please, tell met whether this caste is comes under OBC or not? I want to apply for RRB in that notification they mentioned SC,ST,OBC and UNRESRVED. So, as per that notification I will come under OBC or unreserved?

22nd February 2018, 02:37 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether OC (Kapu) caste comes under OBC, SC, ST or Unreserved category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I belong to OC (Kapu). Please, tell met whether this caste is comes under OBC or not? I want to apply for RRB in that notification they mentioned SC,ST,OBC and UNRESRVED. So, as per that notification I will come under OBC or unreserved?
Kapu refers to a social grouping of agriculturalist found primarily in the Southern Indian states of Andhra pradesh and Telangana. Kapu are primarily an agrarian community forming a heterogeneous peasant caste.

They are classified as Forward class in Andhra Pradesh, where they are dominant community in the district of East and West Godavari.

Since Kapu caste comes under Forward class that means they belong to General or open category. They cannot have the relaxation in any exam because they are considered to be socially, economically, educationally advanced.

So, Kapu caste comes under General category. Therefore while filling the form for any examination you need to tick the General category option.
22nd February 2018, 04:49 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether OC (Kapu) caste comes under OBC, SC, ST or Unreserved category?

RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) conducts entrance exam for getting admission into Railway jobs.

Kapu is one of the caste which comes under OBC category. So, you can apply for the RRB exams under OBC category.
17th October 2019, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

I belong to kapu(oc) please tell me whether this caste comes under obc or general i want to apply for isro exam where there are options such as BC, SC, ST, GENERAL, OBC
2nd November 2019, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Whether kapucaste in which category ur Or OBC
25th November 2019, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm oc candidate.. But Andra govt gives scholarships for bc and obc candidates for abroad studies.. Shall I eligible for that sir
12th December 2019, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

I belongs to kapu caste shall I come under OC or OBC??? Plzz send me reply sir as
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?