24th March 2019, 12:05 PM
Simanchala Panda

Why background verification is required to get joining letter in TCS?

Sir, I have got job in TCS. I have done BTech curse and got the job through on-campus interview. I would like to know that background verification is? I came to know that I will get the joining letter after the background verification. Why it is required?

26th March 2019, 07:59 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why background verification is required to get joining letter in TCS?

Yes, that's correct. TCS conducts your background check. It will be done within 90 days of receiving the joining letter or offer letter.

This is just to make sure that you have submitted all the correct documents.

There has been cases of forgery or other incidents which they do not want to repeat.

They will confirm your home address. They will talk to your neighbour or even visit the nearest police station just to confirm that there is no cases registered on your name.

You need not to worry. It just the cross checking of your documents that you have submitted.
27th March 2019, 09:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why background verification is required to get joining letter in TCS?

BGC stands for Background Check. To join corporate sector, BGC is very necessary and had become mandatory part to be followed by every newcomer to that company.

Likewise, TCS also strictly follows BGC Verification process for each and every employee.

Without BGC, you can't get into TCS. After you get the offer letter, BGC will undergo through a number of phases in background. So, in case of any discrepancy, TCS executive will contact you for further clarification.

So, you must ensure that all the information that you are providing to TCS for BGC process is accurate and updated.
28th March 2019, 12:26 AM
Swap12

Background verification means your details provided during the interview will be checked if they were correct.It is done by all major companies normally.There should be no issue if the details provided are correct.It is required as companies want to know about their employees nowadays.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?