14th September 2018, 02:36 AM
Priya@gouri

Why Science students are allowed to study BCom and BA courses?

Hi everyone, I just want to know that why is there a discrimination between Science and other fields? Why are Science students allowed to do BCom and BA and other stream's students are not allowed to do BSc? I know that Science is technical and needs base. But Commerce and Arts students are lagging behind as BE and MBA gets more weightage than BCom, BBA or BA with MBA. Is it not injustice? Can anybody justify this?

11th October 2018, 11:40 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why Science students are allowed to study BCom and BA courses?

Oh dear, I will help you to clarify all your doubts about that.
Coming to your first question, you know Science students have language subjects in common which Commerce and Arts students also have. So, Science students are allowed to do BA course. And, you also know that Computer Application and Computer Science is a part of both Commerce and Science. So, Science students are allowed to do B.Com .

But, B.Sc degree only awarded to students those do graduation in Botany, Zoology (Biology Indeed!), Physics, Chemistry, Statistics etc. And Arts and commerce students are totally not familiar with these subjects. That's why they are not allowed to do B.Sc.

So this is not a injustice. And as you say MBA and BE is more valuable than BA and B.Com, it's the current situation which makes some topic valuable and some topics less valuable. BA and BCom also do have good career opportunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?