26th April 2015, 04:01 PM
praveen gowdru

Will I be able to take up IAS if scored 55% in first semester?

I have completed my engineering in mechanical stream with 66% aggregate from eight semester but i have scored 55% in my first semester,so will i be able to take up ias exam.

26th April 2015, 06:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to take up IAS if scored 55% in first semester?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. This is one of the Civil Services of Indian Government. Union Public Service Commission which is the examination conducting body conducts Civil Services examination for different services like:

>>Indian Administrative Services.

>>Indian Police Services.

>>Indian Foreign Services etc.

Eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination:
'
Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree from a recognized university can apply for the exam. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam.

Civil Services requires only passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.

So you need not worry about first semester marks in bachelor of technology. As you have over all 66% aggregate, you are eligible for the Civil Services examination.

Second most important thing is that you should be between 21-30 years if you are from general category. OBC and SC/ST candidates have upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.

Number of attempts:

General Candidates: 04

OBC candidates: 07

SC/ST candidates: no limit.

The different stages of Civil Services exam:

>>Preliminary examination.

>>Mains examination.

>>Personal interview.

Your performance in Mains and personal interview will decide your all India Rank.

The date of notification for CSE 2015 is 16/05/2015. After that you can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.

It is a tough exam, so prepare for this exam with hard labour and devotion. You need to be all rounder in all subjects to crack this exam.
26th April 2015, 07:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, sure, you will able to give Civil Services examination for the Indian Administrative Services with 55% marks in first semester and an aggregate of 66% overall in Mechanical Engineering.

Bachelor's degree with passing percentage of marks is required to give this exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years with relaxation in age applicable to reserved categories.

You can apply for the Civil services exam after 16/05/2015.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2015, 07:27 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the IAS exam with your percentage marks.Because,there is no minimum fixed percentage criteria set by UPSC for the Civil Services Exam.

The eligibility criteria for the Civil Services exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate in the final year of their degree course can apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.Age is relaxed for the OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for the SC/ST candidates.

-The selection process involves

Preliminary exam,

Main exam,

Personality Interview.
26th April 2015, 07:43 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen gowdru View Post
I have completed my engineering in mechanical stream with 66% aggregate from eight semester but i have scored 55% in my first semester,so will i be able to take up ias exam.
Yeah you can take up IAS exam even if you have scored 55% in first semester as the first semester percentage doesn't count, only your overall percentage is counted.

There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the IAS exam and as per that you are satisfying the educational qualification needed for IAS exam. The candidate need to have completed a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years from a recognized university in any stream of education. Even final year appearing candidate can apply for the IAS exam.

The other criteria's include such as:

-> Nationality standard states candidate should have citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate.

-> Relaxation for SC/ST is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IAS Exam. Candidates are selected through:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

If you want to know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th April 2015, 07:51 PM
poojasingh151

There is no issue of percentage of marks in first semester for the Civil Services examination. It requires bachelor's degree in any discipline from a UGC recognized university with passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.

So you are eligible for Civil Services with 66% marks in Mechanical Engineering. Next you need to satisfy age requirements.

Age limit:

General candidates: 21-30 years.

OBC candidates: 21-33 years.

SC/ST candidates: 21-35 years.

Levels of Civil Services exam:

>>Preliminary examination.

>>Main examination.

>>Personal interview.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2015, 10:17 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is the most prestigious exam of India. Individual percentage doesn't matter. rather overall percentage also doesn't matter.

The basic eligibility criteria for IAS regarding the educational qualification is just GRADUATION.
So, don't worry about the your validity of your candidature. Yes, definitely you will be able to take up the IAS exam.
27th April 2015, 12:31 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

The main eligibility criteria for taking up civil service examination is that, you must be a graduate from recognised Indian institution. This examination is conducted by union public service commission once in a year.

The percentage of marks does not matters.

There are three stages in civil service examination such as

Preliminary examination
Mains examination
Interview

Those who crack preliminary level, will be allowed for mains and those who pass mains will be allowed for interview. Preliminary examination is otherwise called as civil service aptitude test. This test mainly contains regarding general awareness and General studies. For notification, visit www.upsc.gov.in
27th April 2015, 01:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination. IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. Final year student are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

For more details about IAS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
27th April 2015, 01:32 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for the IAS examination . Bot one thing that I want to inform you about is that there is no special examination for the IAS examination . The common examination for all this designation are conducted by UPSC as Civil Services Examination every year .

Every year several lakhs of students appear for the examination and only few hundreds are selected overall .

The eligibility criteria are :-
*Candidates must have graduation degree from a recognised university in any discipline.
*There is no specific aggregate required to apply for the examination .
*Candidates age must be 21-30 years for the general category and relaxation of three years for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidates .

There is also limitations on number of attempts for general and OBC candidates .

The candidates have to qualify in the three stages to finally get selected . Still they are not offered the IAS as only toppers of merit list are eligible .

First stage >>> Preliminary.
Second stage >>>Mains .
Third stage >>>>> Interview.

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
27th April 2015, 09:42 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

If you have scored the 55% or 66% marks in Graduation then it is OK there is no problem to sit in the I.A.S. Because in the I.A.S. only pass candidate can also apply because that,s the policy of the U.P.S.C.

Eligibility for I.A.S. is-

>> Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

>> Candidate should be Graduate from any stream From a recognized University.

>> Should not have any backlog in graduation at the time of Applying for I.A.S.

>> Age limit is 21-32 Years.

Age Relaxation -:

>> Age relaxation for the SC is upto 5 years maximum.

>> For BC relaxation is maximum 3 years.

>> And also a 5 Year Relaxation is given to Physically handicap candidates.

Exam Pattern is as-:
Preliminary Exam

Mains exam.

Interview

Medical test

NOTE-: For further Updates you can check on its page www.upsconline.nic.in
27th April 2015, 11:47 AM
havvedprakash

Yes, you will be able to give IAS exam after scoring 55% in first semester.
There is no minimum percentage limit to appear for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become IAS you have to apply for Civil Service Exam conducted by UPS every year.

Eligibility for IAS :

Education Qualification : Candidate must have passed his/her graduation in any discipline from any recognised university.
There is no minimum percentage bar.

Age relaxation is also provided as per government norms.

Citizenship : Candidate must be citizen of India.

Selection procedure :
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

For more details and latest notifications please visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for the syllabus and exam pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 30 views)
28th April 2015, 12:23 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Definitely yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil service examination to become IAS officer. to be eligible for Civil services examination, you must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university, well final year appearing candidate is also eligible for this exam.

There is no minimum percentage is required to be registered for UPSC Civil services examination. If you have already completed your graduation, then you can apply for this exam.

Notification for Civil services preliminary examination is going to be publish on 16/May/2015.

The preliminary examination is going to be conducted on 23/Aug/2015.

The UPSC Civil services examination is conducted by UPSC in two stages, Preliminary and Mains. Preliminary examination is compulsory for all candidates and those who clear the preliminary examination are eligible for Mains. Preliminary examination is objective with negative marking. Main examination is descriptive and those who clear the main examination is eligible for Interview.

You must attain the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years to apply for Civil services examination, age relaxation is applicable for reserving category candidates. If you are interested in Civil services examination, then please prepare well because you will get limited attempt to crack this examination.

Number of attempts:

~~ For General: 4 times
~~ For OBC: 7 times
~~ For SC/ST: No Limit

Prepare well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, to get complete details regarding syllabus, please check the official website of UPSC.
28th April 2015, 04:42 PM
Paliyal79

hello friend
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The exam of these civil services are conducted by the Union Public Service Commision. If you want to set up your career as an IAS officer, then you must satisfy the following conditions-
1. The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized University with paas marks. Percentage condition is not essential.
2. The age limit for general and OBC candidates is 21 to 30 and for SC/ST candidates is 21-35.
3. The general andidated having 4 chances to qualify this whereas for OBC and SC/ST candidates have 7 and 10 chances to qualify this exam.
For getting for more information about this exam, log on to
www.upsc.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?