1st February 2011, 10:47 PM
naguy253

Will it be possible to pursue masters in USA after scoring CGPA of 3.11?

i have succesfully completed my higher national diploma in mechanical engineering( automobile engineering) with a CGPA of 3.11 and will like to do my masters in the united state of america.will this be possible and which level will i start from and how many years will it take and which universities in the USA accept
the HND Certificate of Ghana and offers courses or majors in automobile engineering in the united state of america

29th December 2011, 10:37 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will it be possible to pursue masters in USA after scoring CGPA of 3.11?

hi..to do the masters you should be an engineer or an graduate any where in the world ,only then you are eligible to do the masters ,so right now you have no chance of doing the masters in from the united states of america .
if you are seriously interested in doing your masters from the us then the first step that you have to take right now is to join some engineering college through the lateral entry scheme directly into the second year and then try to complete it with an good percentage ,as you already have the basics of the automobile engineering in the diploma course which the candidates joining the college after the inter do not have ,you would have an very good chance of getting an good marks during your diploma course .
also for doing the masters in the united states of america you should also have an valid gre score ,
so you can start preparing for the gre examination as soon as you take admission in your engineering college and give the examination in your third year of engineering education ,you have to get an good rank in the gre exam to get admission in the better colleges of america for your masters education .
you should have an passport to write your gre examination and hence it would be an very good idea to get your passport ready as soon as possible to be able to be eligible to write the gre examination ,also it would be an very good idea to take coaching from some good institute for the preparation of the gre examination because of the fact that the verbal section of the gre examination is very tough and you need real proper guidance to do well in this section and also as you are from the diploma stream you would have no proper understanding of the mathematics subject specially the simple maths and hence the coaching institute would to sort out these problems also.
you may also start following the barrons gre book because this is universally considered the best book for the gre preparation and will really help you in making your basics real strong for the gre preparation .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?