27th September 2022, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best subject as under graduation for state service commission exams?

Hello sir, I am Amit kumar das. i am student of class 12th of arts stream.so ,i want to know that which subject will be the best as a under graduation from distance education for state service commission exams.And sir i am belongs from west Bengal and wants to give west Bengal civil service exam.but i have some doubt that i fluently know to speak and read Bengali language but i don't know write to this language.so sir ,pls tell me taht am i eligible for WBCS exam.

27th September 2022, 11:05 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best subject as under graduation for state service commission exams?

Which is the best subject as under graduation for state service commission exams?

Well, as far as Public Service Commission examinations are concerned, it's better to go for graduation in some arts subject than science or engineering, medical etc. The candidate should pass graduation from a recognised university like Delhi University, JNU, etc.
28th September 2022, 09:39 AM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Which is the best subject as under graduation for state service commission exams?

1. You can be graduate from any subject - arts/ commerce/ science/ computer science, etc. to be eligible for State Service Commission exam as well as Central Service Commission Exam.

2. You must be 21 or above to be eligible for the exam.
28th September 2022, 09:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

There is no such subject that makes your life easier in qualifying the state services examination if you opt that for your graduation degree as the selection rate for all optional subjects are almost same.

But, one thing I would like to suggest you that if you are determined to get into state services commission then for your graduation degree course opt for the subject which you will take as an optional subject while appearing in the state services examination.

In general opting for subjects like History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, etc. in graduation degree can be helpful in preparation of the state services examination as general studies section in this examination has components from these subjects.
29th September 2022, 04:19 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Since you have done 10+2 in arts stream then you must take arts subjects in bachelor's degree as it will help you in preparation for SSC Examination.

Minimum age - 21 years
Maximum age - 40 years (Candidates should not have attained 40 years)
45 years – For Women (UR, PwD), Men, Women (SC, ST, OBC etc)
30th September 2022, 06:16 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

You should choose arts-related subjects for your bachelor's degree.
Since you have completed your class 10+2 in the arts stream which will help in your state service commission exam preparation.
30th September 2022, 09:34 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

You can take arts subject after your 12th for state service commission exams. Arts subjects in bachelor's degree will help you in preparation for State Service Commission examination.

>> The age limit for this examination is 21-35 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?