2nd March 2018, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in Indian Economics Services being an Economics postgraduate? Syllabus and procedure to apply for IES exam?

Sir, I am a postgraduate in Economics. I don’t want to study anymore. I want to give government exam. I am interested in Indian Economic Services. Is my qualification sufficient for IES? If yes, then please tell me how can I apply for IES exam? Also tell me the syllabus for this exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether an Economics postgraduate is eligible to join Indian Economics Services? Procedure and syllabus?
  2. After acquiring the qualifications of M.A.(Economics) and CMA can I appear in Indian Economic Services examination?
  3. Eligibility to apply in PGT(Economics) for Economics postgraduate with BEd(Social Science) qualification? -- [New]
  4. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam
  5. Can a B.Com Graduate do PG in Economics (Distance) and appear for Indian Economic Services?
  6. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Sc(Economics) postgraduate?
  7. Query about Indian Economics Services?
  8. IES Exam Details -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How much percentage is required in BA for being eligible for IES exam?
  10. Will I get be eligible for IES exam after completing my PG in Economics? What is the syllabus of the exam?
  11. BA Economics holder can pursue M.Sc Financial Economics? Chances to prepare for Indian Economics Services exam?
  12. Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?
  13. Is post graduation in economics compulsory for giving IES exam?
  14. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
  15. M.Com holder in Applied Economics is eligible for IES 2015?
  16. Eligibility to apply for Ph.D in Economics if secured 44% and 52% in BA & MA Economics respectively?
  17. Masters of Economics through distance education is applicable for Indian Economic Services Exam?
  18. Am i eligible for M.A Economics after completing CMA(ICWA) Finals?
17th March 2018, 05:52 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in Indian Economics Services being an Economics postgraduate? Syllabus and procedure to apply for IES exam?

The basic educational qualification required to apply for Indian Economic Services Recruitment that is conducted by UPSC is as mentioned below.

>> Yes, being a Post Graduate in Economics you are certainly eligible to apply for this Indian Economic Services Recruitment.

>> Candidates who have completed their Post Graduation with Applied Economics/ Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometric ..etc., from a recognized university are eligible to apply.

>> As you are a Post Graduate in Economics stream, I am very sure that you are eligible to apply for this recruitment and you may find more details from the official notification that is given below.

Click here for Detailed Syllabus - Check page numbers 9, 10, 11 for detailed exam pattern and syllabus.

You are required to apply from its official website for applying for this UPSC Indian Economic Services Recruitment.

Click here to Apply for UPSC IES recruitment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?