25th August 2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exams being a B.Sc(IT) candidate?

Hello Sir,
I'm doing B.Sc(IT) now. Can I eligible for applying UPSC exams? Please tell me about the qualification required for applying?

10th September 2015, 02:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exams being a B.Sc(IT) candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I'm doing B.Sc(IT) now. Can I eligible for applying UPSC exams? Please tell me about the qualification required for applying?
If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam which is conducted by UPSC.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
11th September 2015, 05:23 PM
jashan13
Junior Member+

Dear Friend...

If you want to appear in UPSC exam .then first you should have complete degree in any discipline from recognized university or Board.

General Candidate can appear 3 time in UPSC exam.

OBC Candidate can appear 7 time in UPSC exam.

SC/ST Candidate not limit define for UPSC exam.

BEST OF LUCK..........
16th September 2015, 12:57 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC exams after B.sc IT course. Graduation is the basic qualification to apply for UPSC examinations. Any graduate candidates are eligible to apply. Being a graduate, you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination and Combined Defence Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination Eligibility:

-Applicant should have completed degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-Applicant age should be between 21 years to 32 years at the time of appearing for this examination.
-Final year of degree course may also apply.

Civil Service Examination is conducted for admission to IAS, IPS, IFS and other services under the Civils. Civil Services Examination is divided into different stages like preliminary, main examination followed by personal interview. The exam notification will be published in the month of June or July in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment news paper.

Combined Defence Service examination is conducted for admission to Navy, Air Force, Military and Officer Training Academy. Being a BCA graduate, you are eligible to apply for all the services under the CDS examination. Graduation is enough to apply for Military Academy and Officer Training Academy. But, if you want to join Navy or Air Force, you must have studied Mathematics or Physics at intermediate level or graduation level.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. CDS I examination has been over. CDS II exam notification will be released soon. You can expect notification in the month of July or August in the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?