27th September 2022, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for College service commission if I do my MSC in distance?

27th September 2022, 11:52 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for College service commission if I do my MSC in distance?

Candidates who have cleared the Master's Degree with 55% of marks from a UGC-recognized university or college are eligible for the WB SET Exam. There are no criteria for age limit, and relaxation is applied for reserved categories.

Age Limit - No age bar as there is no upper age limit applicable.
28th September 2022, 10:10 AM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Am I eligible for College service commission if I do my MSC in distance?

Eligibility:

1. You must have completed a graduation course and a post graduation from any recognised university that is approved by the UGC.

2. You must have completed graduation and post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

3. Date of examination -January, 8, 2023.
28th September 2022, 05:41 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility
General/EWS candidate who have secured atleast 65% marks in masters degree or equivalent from institution recognised by UGC are eligible for this test.

Relaxation provided to reserved categories i.e SC/ST/OBC and transgender.

Those who have passed UGC /CSIR JRF exam are exempted from appearing NET/SET.

Thus , those who are appearing for the exam, their masters degree must be from a UGC recognised college or institution.
Otherwise it will not be accepted.
28th September 2022, 10:37 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for College Service Commission is Candidate must have passed Master’s Degree (Minimum 50% Marks) in the relevant subject with Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent OR Two years’ integrated M.Sc.Ed. course or an equivalent course.

So, yes you are eligible to apply for College Service Commission if you have B.ed degree along with M.Sc.
28th September 2022, 11:54 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing Your MSC. in distance mode, you are eligible to apply for College service commission. UGC recognizes both regular and distance learning education. But there is a requirement that both the institution and the course must have dual accreditation and approval from the UGC(University Grant Commission).
29th September 2022, 05:15 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your are eligible for college service commission. UGC accepts the distance education as well as regular education but the condition is that the institution and the course must be dually accredited and approved by the UGC.
29th September 2022, 05:32 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, Educational Qualification - Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.
3rd October 2022, 05:30 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for this as,you are a student of MSc from distance.

Candidates must have a post graduate degree with minimum 55%marks from a recognized university.

For OBC Category Minimum marks required 45%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?