15th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for SSC CGL, if done graduation after diploma?

Sir, I have both diploma and graduation degree, but I have not given 12th exam. Please tell me that am I eligible or not for CGL?

15th June 2017, 02:34 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SSC CGL, if done graduation after diploma?

Diploma is also equivalent to Intermediate degree. If you have completed Diploma from a recognized university then it is valid. I have mentioned that both degrees are euivalent therefore after completing graduation you are eligible for SSC CGL.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder of Intermediate degree from a recognized unuversity or college.
Candidate must be a bachelor degree holder ftom a recognized university in any discipline.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% marks in graduation.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 30 years.
15th June 2017, 02:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You have mentioned that you have done Graduation after completion of Diploma course. If Graduation that have done is B.E/ B.Tech after completion of Diploma course, then you are eligible to apply for SSC CGL Examination.

On the other side, if you have done Diploma and Graduation (traditional course) you can apply for SSC CGL Examination as far as my best knowledge is concerned.

Because Diploma course is equivalent to 10+2 (12th Class), so as far as I'm concerned you are eligible to apply for Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
15th June 2017, 03:09 PM
ranu shahi

As we all know that diploma degree is considered as intermediate. So, you are eligible for SSC CGL.
Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL are:-
Candidate must be a graduate with any recognized university.
Candidate must be under age 21 to 30.
Candidate must have scored at least 45 percent aggregate.
15th June 2017, 03:46 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for SSC CGL exam after completion of graduation. It doesn't matter that you have completed your graduation after diploma. Thanks
15th June 2017, 05:37 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification for SSC CGL is bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university. You have not appeared for 12th examination, so it won't cause any problem you can appear for SSC CGL after graduation. You must be an Indian citizen and your height should be 157.5 cms and for females 152 cms. The selection for all the positions depends upon the marks in the examination followed by physical test.
15th June 2017, 05:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL examination refers to Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate examination and same examination is held for recruitment of higher divisional clerk in various government offices.

--> The basic eligibility criteria required for appearing in SSC CGL examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 18 years to 27 years. For few posts the maximum age limit is 28 years, 30 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. For some posts specific qualifications are also required.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in SSC CGL having pursued diploma degree instead Class 12th before your graduation degree then I would like to suggest you that you need not have to worry about your eligibility as diploma degree is equivalent to higher seondary school degree.

For more detailed information regarding SSC CGL examination you can visit the link www.ssc.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 08:56 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

To apply for SSC CGL all you need to be a graduate, it doesn't matter whether you have completed your graduation after 10+2 or after diploma.
Since you are a graduate, so you are eligible for SSC (Staff Selection Commission) CGL (Combined Graduate Level).
Your age should be within 18 years to 31 years as on August 1, 2017.
15th June 2017, 09:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in government jobs.

CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination varies with post.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination on your graduation degree qualification.

For syllabus and other examination regarding CGL examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 09:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination. The eligibility criteria for this examination is:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>>Final year graduation candidates can also apply for it. Minimum age limit for this examination is 18 years.

Last date to apply for exam is 16th June for 2017. You can apply for this examination after pursuing diploma and bachelor's degree.
15th June 2017, 11:03 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

You can appear in SSC CGL Recruitment Examination after doing Graduation after diploma course. Minimum qualification required to be eligible is Graduation or Bachelor Degree.

In general candidates from 12th background, can pursue Graduation and eligible for CGL Examination. On the other side, Diploma course is equivalent to 12th Class. So candidates who have done their Diploma course and then Graduation are also eligible to apply for SSC CGL recruitment Examination. So I think, you can apply for SSC CGL Examination even after doing the Diploma and then Graduation.
16th June 2017, 10:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have both diploma and graduation degree, but I have not given 12th exam. Please tell me that am I eligible or not for CGL?
You have completed graduation degree so you are eligible for SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution. SSC CGL exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
16th June 2017, 11:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible for SSC CGL after the completion of Graduation course, no matter if you have done your Diploma course before.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are very much eligible for the SSC CGL.
11th July 2022, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 12th for distance and than parsued my graduation also from distance ,am i elligible for ssc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?