23rd December 2017, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CTET Paper-1 if doesn't have 50 percent in Senior Secondry?

I am Swastika. I have completed plus 2 science with 48 percent, but completed Graduation with 58 percent. Can I apply for CTET paper 1. I didn't get 50 percent mark in senior secondary exam. After qualify CTET can I apply for central school PRT teacher on graduation basis.

24th December 2017, 04:30 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET Paper-1 if doesn't have 50 percent in Senior Secondry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Swastika. I have completed plus 2 science with 48 percent, but completed Graduation with 58 percent. Can I apply for CTET paper 1. I didn't get 50 percent mark in senior secondary exam. After qualify CTET can I apply for central school PRT teacher on graduation basis.
Eligibility for CTET - Teacher for Elementary Stage (Classes VI to VIII) after completion of Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed in 1 year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or Graduation and passed a 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education. Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is conducted by the CBSE.
Eligibility for CTET – Teacher for Primary Stage (Classes I to V) after completion of Graduation and passed a two year Diploma in Elementary Education. If you satisfy the above criteria, then you are eligible for the CTET. You can find the CTET eligibility in the CTET website link is given Click Here
24th December 2017, 09:47 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET Paper-1 if doesn't have 50 percent in Senior Secondry?

The minimum percentage of marks required to apply is 50%. It is relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to OBC, SC/ST, PH candidates.

If you belong to any of the above category then only you can apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test otherwise you are not eligible.
24th December 2017, 11:35 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for CTET paper 1 with the above mentioned eligibility criteria. If you are done with B.Ed or Doing B.Ed or Diploma in Elementary Education, then only you will be eligible to apply for CTET Examination.

>> Candidates must have completed their Senior Secondary course with minimum 45% marks in order to be eligible.

>> Besides this, candidates must be doing their Bachelor of Education or must have passed B.Ed course in order to be eligible.

>> Or else, you must have appeared or passed Diploma in Elementary Education in order to be eligible.

>> Hence, if you are not done with any one of the above criteria then I can say that you are not eligible to apply for CTET Paper 1.
24th December 2017, 11:42 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can apply for the CTET Paper-1 after the completion of Graduation with 58% of marks in it.
You can apply for the above mentioned examination, based on your Graduation degree marks.

Eligibility criteria for CTET:-

Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in the Graduation level.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree along with Graduate degree.
26th December 2017, 04:03 PM
smdk

For Primary stage you must have 50% marks in senior secondary and passed or appearing in final year of diploma/bachelor in Elementary Eduaction. If you belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PWD that is reserved category then you will get 5% relaxation in marks.
16th February 2020, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

I 've done b.tech in civil engg. and NTT part 1&2 and also diploma in computer course...can I apply for ctet exam, please confim.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?