24th March 2017, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS examination after B.Tech in naval architecture and ocean engineering?

Now, I am studying in B.Tech naval architecture and ocean engineering. First year I am interested to preparing IAS examination. Am I eligible for IAS examination?

24th March 2017, 07:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS examination after B.Tech in naval architecture and ocean engineering?

Yes, any degree from a recognized university will be valid for IAS examination. B.Tech in naval architecture from an AICTE approved or UGC approved university is definitely valid for UPSC Civil services examination.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by UPSC. Hence, you have to prepare according to the syllabus of the exam and your B.Tech degree will not give you any advantage, because even a BA graduate can apply for this exam.
24th March 2017, 07:58 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS examination after B.Tech in naval architecture and ocean engineering?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

About entrance exam of IAS:

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC. Important deadline date for applying to 2017 exam is over now.

Eligibility criteria:

Any graduate in any stream can apply for this exam. Minimum age is 21 years.

You can apply for Civil Services examination after Bachelor of Technology in Naval architecture and ocean engineering.
24th March 2017, 08:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your B.Tech course in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to appear in IAS examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to appear in IAS examination.
30th March 2017, 11:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now, I am studying in B.Tech naval architecture and ocean engineering. First year I am interested to preparing IAS examination. Am I eligible for IAS examination?
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?