11th September 2014, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Career in Petroleum Engineering in government sector and starting salary?

I want to know about a career in petroleum engineering and the starting salary in petroleum engineering in the sector of govt.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of Petrochemical after PG in Industrial Chemistry?
  2. What are the job opportunities in BPCL for students of B.Tech in plastics and ploymer?
  3. Mtech in petroleum engineering? higher studies and career in oil sector -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which engineering branch has highest salary?Is petroleum engineering suitable for girls?
  5. Can I do higher studies in Petroleum Engineering after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. What are the Jobs for ECE students in Software Field?
  7. Course to be taken for career in Petroleum Oil Sector? Names of the colleges in Maharashtra region?
  8. Starting salary of a bank PO? How will the career developments be regarding the promotions and salary increments?
  9. How to get a good job after passing BCA?
  10. Which is more preferable, a private or a government sector? I'm working for more than 2 years in private with salary $12000 and now i've government job with salary $400
  11. How to switch from cement sector to petrochemical or petroleum refining sector?
  12. Starting salary after completing BCA from government college?
  13. Best colleges to study petroleum engineering? I am a 12th science student
  14. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  15. How should I make career in Environment and Forestry in Government Sector if I am graduate in Maths(Honors)? Which are the posts available for it? Eligibility criteria and salary after passing the course?
  16. Is GUJCET necessary for admission in LD College? Career in government sector after BE Environmental Engineering?
  17. Is Petroleum engineering easy? What are the job facilities? What is the salary offered?
  18. What are the career chances in core field in biotechnology? What is the salary? Names of the indian companies of biotechnology and government sector?
7th October 2015, 02:01 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career in Petroleum Engineering in government sector and starting salary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know about a career in petroleum engineering and the starting salary in petroleum engineering in the sector of govt.
There are two major divisions in Petroleum Engineering. One is Exploration and the other is refining. The government is the major player in this industry. There are a number of government companies who operate in this area. To name a few IOC, BPCL, HPCL, GAIL, ONGC etc. Ideally a B.E or B. Tech in Petroleum Engineering is the preferred qualification. The salary will be based on your skill set and knowledge. It can be around Rs. 3 to 4 Lakhs/annum.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?