24th October 2015, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC-CGL exam? Steps after qualifying? Suitable books for preparation?

Hello Sir,
I have applied for SSC CGL exam. I want to know the qualifying marks and also I would like to know after qualifying what is the next step? Also refer some books that help me to prepare for SSC CGL exam.

16th January 2016, 01:31 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC-CGL exam? Steps after qualifying? Suitable books for preparation?

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC CGL exam every year for the recruitment of interview and non interview post. The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exam followed by interview (for interview post). You want to know about the cutoff of this exam.

>>Normally every year the cut off for Preliminary exam is around 110-115 marks for general category students. After getting qualifies in the Preliminary exam you have to take the Mains exam.

>>The total marks (Preliminary + Mains) obtained in the exam will depend whether you are selected for interview posts or non interview posts.

Following are some book which you can prefer for the preparation of SSC CGL exam:

--Quantitative Aptitude by S.chand

--A modern approach to verbal and Non verbal reasoning by S.Chand

--Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis

--Lucent General Knowledge
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?