2nd March 2018, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service exam being a B.E.(Electrical Engineering) final year student?

Hello guys, I want to apply for IES exam. Kindly tell me can I apply for IES (Indian Engineering Service) exam as I am a final year student of B.E. Electrical Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment for Mechanical final year student?
  2. Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service recruitment exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  3. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  4. Procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Services exam for Mechanical final year student? When the notification will be released?
  5. When the notification of Indian Engineering Services will be released? Procedure and eligibility to apply for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) final semester student?
  6. Is a student of B.Tech final year eligible to attend the Indian Engineering Service Exam?
  7. Final year computer engineering student can join IES 2016?
  8. I'm studying in final year of Automobile Engineering. Can I apply for Indian Foreign Service exam?
  9. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  10. Eligibility to apply in UPSC Indian Engineering Service exam for a Divorcee? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(Electronics Engineering) student?
  12. Are final year Environmental Engineering students eligible for Engineering Service Exam conducted by UPSC?
  13. Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam?
  14. How can I join Military Engineering service? I am a final year engineering student
  15. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate?
  17. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ME) 2nd year 19 years old student?
  18. When can I write Indian Engineering Service exam? Which coaching center is best for me in Hyderabad
17th March 2018, 12:25 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service exam being a B.E.(Electrical Engineering) final year student?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Indian Engineering Services:

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for this Indian Engineering Services recruitment that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission being a final year of Graduation candidate. The basic educational qualification required is as follows,

>> Candidates must have completed B.E/ B.Tech in any of the below mentioned streams from a recognized university. They are,

@ Mechanical Engineering
@ Civil Engineering
@ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
@ Electrical Engineering

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to apply for this Indian Engineering Services Recruitment. Hence, you are also eligible to apply being a final year pursuing candidate and make sure you are ready to submit all your documents when you will be called for Document Verification. IES notification is generally issued in the month of September/ October of the preceding year of Examination.
18th March 2018, 11:53 PM
SABITA THE EXPERT
Banned

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service exam being a B.E.(Electrical Engineering) final year student?

There are only four engineering branches which are eligible for IES exam. They are civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, electrical engineering.

Eligibility :
i. Candidate must be a citizen of India and any candidate migrated from foreign shall have an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.

ii. Minimum age limit is 21 years old and maximum age limit is 30 years old (5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC candidate).

iii. Candidate must be a degree holder in Engineering*from a university and Candidates*appearing*at their examination are also eligible but after qualifying the written exam candidate will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination.
24th March 2018, 08:48 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you want to make your career in Engineering Services of UPSC then you have a very good choice but you should also know that this is the toughest examination of Engineering service stream in India but you can qualify if you work and focus on study which is needed to qualify this exam.

Eligibility Conditions for UPSC IES Exam :

Candidate should have obtained a bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognised university or

Should have passed sections A and B of the Institute Examination of the Institution of Engineers of India or

Passed graduate membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age of the candidate should be minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years for general category candidates, 33 years for OBC category candidates and 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.

A candidate who is pursuing final year of the bachelor's degree of engineering can also apply for this exam but their admission to exam will be provisional until they provide final result of the degree.

You are pursuing final year so you can apply for this examination but you must be sure that if you are selected then you must have your final result and degree in hand otherwise your candidature may be cancelled.

I have attached official notice of UPSC IES exam so for more details download that and read.

All the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification_ESE_2018_Engl_Revised.pdf(395.1 KB, 10 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?