15th March 2023, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Captain in Indain Army?

Hi sir, my name is shubham and I am 18 yers old and I passed 12 class in this year {2018} and I want to join indain army as a captain and I don't know how I do it

15th March 2023, 08:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Captain in Indain Army?

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that you cannot join Indian Army directly as a Captain as the highest commission officer post at which one can join Indian Army is Lieutenant. After joining as a lieutenant you will be promoted to the rank of Captain after a few years on your satisfactory performance in the service.

Further, to become a lieutenant in Indian Army after completing Class 12th in Commerce stream, you are required to qualify the NDA (National Defense Academy) examination.

Apart from the educational qualification, your age needs to lie between 16.5 years to 19.5 years and also you need to hold physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Apart from the NDA examination, you will have the option of joining the Indian Army as a lieutenant after completing your graduation degree course for which you will be required to qualify the CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination. Also, for appearing in the CDS examination to join Indian Army, your age must lie between 20 years to 25 years.

Both these examinations are conducted by UPSC twice every year and for detailed information regarding these examinations, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?