13th December 2015, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

How much percentage in graduation is required for Bank PO and Clerical examination?

Sir, I have completed my b.com course with 48% marks in aggregate and 50% in honours. And i have done my MBA with 65% marks. I want to know how much percentage is required for bank PO or clerical exam?

13th December 2015, 04:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage in graduation is required for Bank PO and Clerical examination?

I am happy to say that you are of course eligible to apply for both Bank PO and Clerical Cadre Examinations. Because there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in Bank PO Recruitment Exam and Bank Clerical Cadre exam, you do not need to worry about the eligibility. The minimum eligibility criteria required is "Graduation PASS" from a recognized university. Since you have successfully completed "Graduate Degree" I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in Bank PO and Clerical Cadre Examination. The basic educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any stream from a recognized university. Try to get good command over Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning (Or) General Intelligence, General English, Computer Awareness and Marketing sections to score well in Clerk Prelims and Mains Examination and of course to get good job in Banking Sector.
13th December 2015, 05:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentage in graduation is required for Bank PO and Clerical examination?

The eligibility criteria required to apply for bank clerk job are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in aggregate for general category and 55% marks for SC/ST/PWD .

-The candidate age limit should be from 20 years to 28 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

* Written Test , and

* Interview .

The written Exam consist of the following subjects.

General Knowledge about Banking Sector

General English

Computer Knowledge

Reasoning

Aptitude .

The eligibility criteria to apply for Bank P.O. exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.
13th December 2015, 06:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Basically the main entrance examinations conducted for the recruitment of bank clerk and bank probationary officer for the different nationalised banks of India are IBPS bank examination and SBI bank examination.

For appearing the same examination for different mentioned posts the qualifications required are as here under :-

* You must the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 20 years to 28 years for bank clerk where as 21 years to 30 years for bank probationary officer if you belong to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation of age relaxation of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your graduation degree course with any discipline or must be in the final year of same degree course from a recognized university. Percentage aggregate in the same degree course does not matters for one's eligibility for the same examination.

* You must have the knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are computer based. Also you need to have good communication skills.

For more details about the same examinations you can refer to their respective official links i.e; www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.in.
13th December 2015, 07:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To apply for government banks there is no need to require specific percentage of marks. But you have to complete graduation from the recognized university. Based on the type of examination you should satisfy the some required eligibility criteria.

>> Minimum Age : 21 years

Maximum Age : 28 years.

>> There is age relaxation allowed for reserved candidates.

>> Final year candidates are also eligible for Government banks Exams. But you should have submit the Original certificates at the time of Interview.
13th December 2015, 08:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is no bar in percentage in graduation to be eligible for probationary officer post in banks. You need to be graduate from any recognized college or university to be eligible for probationary officer post. The same applies to the clerical post also. Apart from this, knowledge in computer applications is mandatory.

Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. you should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ or you should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.

Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/ UT is also mandatory.
13th December 2015, 09:12 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear for IBPS PO and Clerk examination for recruitment in banking jobs.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any discipline.

Candidates age must be between 20-28 years for Clerk and 20-30 years for PO relaxation in age for reserved category in upper age limit.

There is no limitation on aggregate of graduation so you can appear for examination in 2016. To get more information about examination visit at http://www.ibps.in.
14th December 2015, 12:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed my b.com course with 48% marks in aggregate and 50% in honours. And i have done my MBA with 65% marks. I want to know how much percentage is required for bank PO or clerical exam?
Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO and clerical exam.

Bank PO and clerical exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
10th April 2017, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

If someone has passed with 48 percentage marks in 12 th and he \she has got 65% in graduation. How likely is he /she fit for any post? Please do let me know
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?