7th September 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Which line after 12th will lead me towards UPSC exam?

Sir, I am a science student completed my 12th and dropped a year in the thought of pursuing MBBS in government college but it's not happening due to a bit lower mark dan cutoff. As was my childhood dream and I was very keen upon that. I request you kindly prefer me a line which will lead me to focus on UPSC exam. I am thinking of sociology to pursue further for graduation but parents not agreeing. Please show me the right direction. Which line I should get for graduation?

7th September 2017, 05:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which line after 12th will lead me towards UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a science student completed my 12th and dropped a year in the thought of pursuing MBBS in government college but it's not happening due to a bit lower mark dan cutoff. As was my childhood dream and I was very keen upon that. I request you kindly prefer me a line which will lead me to focus on UPSC exam. I am thinking of sociology to pursue further for graduation but parents not agreeing. Please show me the right direction. Which line I should get for graduation?

Actually, candidates can pursue graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or college for appearing UPSC examinations. Candidates can study BA in Political Science or History or Public Administration or Sociology or Psychology or geography to pursue civil service examinations in the future. Civil Service Examinations have three parts, namely Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. UPSC civil service examinations are one of the toughest in India and it requires a lot of hard work with full dedication to clear it. Various coaching classes are available for the civil service examinations, candidates can make use of it to clear civil service examinations.
7th September 2017, 09:44 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to appear for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) examination a candidate need to have a recognized bachelors degree from a recognized university. There is no specific course and minimum eligibility marks are required to appear for UPSC examination.
So, you can choose whatever discipline interests you.
I would rather advise you to opt for Arts discipline as it requires less effort to study and you will have more time to focus on UPSC syllabus. One more benefit of choosing bachelors of Arts is that it consist of Pol Science and History which will help you in UPSC prelims and Mains examinations.Rest depends on your interest.
8th September 2017, 12:20 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can opt any of the stream in Graduation as you like and in which you have more interest to pursue to be eligible for UPSC examination.
So, I will suggest you to take the stream according to your wish because completing Graduation with any of the stream, you can apply for the UPSC examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the UPSC examination.
8th September 2017, 11:28 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

UPSC is a examination conducting body and conducts entrance examination for recruitment as an officer in jobs.

Civil Services is one of the most common entrance examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages :

Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

Candidates have to prepare for General Studies, CSAT, Optional paper and Interview to qualify in all stages.

Candidates passed degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can pursue any paper in bachelor degree to appear in examination. Also candidates can select optional paper for Mains examination other than discipline paper.

If you are interested in pursuing bachelor degree in Sociology you must pursue it.

For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?