24th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

What to study for IAS exam?

I don't know anything clearly about IAS exam, but I want to prepare for this exam. Please tell me, I am in class 11 and medical student. What can I study for this exam and also about optional subject to choose? I am in confusion.

24th October 2016, 08:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study for IAS exam?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and it is the prestigious jobs and to get the job candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of entrance examination conducted by UPSC as Civil Services examination every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

So, you can pursue any stream in 10+2 and bachelor degree.

There is also option of selection of optional paper as other than your bachelor degree discipline paper.

To get the details for the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th October 2016, 09:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Subjects to be studied for IAS Exams are as under :

*Current events of national and international importance

* History of India and Indian national movement

* Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world

* Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.

* Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.

* General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization

* General science.

* Comprehension

* Interpersonal skills including communication skills

* Logical reasoning and analytical ability

* Decision making and problem solving

* General mental ability

* Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),

* Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)

* English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
24th October 2016, 10:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. First thing, you should know that minimum academic qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree. Minimum age limit for examination is 21 years.

You are at present in standard 11th, first you need to complete 10+2 then pursue bachelor's degree. If you want to pursue MBBS or BDS course then you can select any subject related to medical field as optional subject. It will be helpful if you choose optional subject based on your graduation subjects.

First step in preparation is going through NCERT books. Read all NCERT books from standard 6th to 12th of social science, science and understand it carefully. Read daily newspapers. Once you have completed these subjects move to standard books or join any coaching institute for better preparation.

You can join coaching institute in first year of bachelor's degree.
24th October 2016, 10:34 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Study for IAS exam :-

There are providing some guidelines which may be help to the aspirant to achieve success.

Go through the previous question papers.

Selection of books

Make your own notes

Strategy for General Studies

History

Geography

General Science

Current Affairs

General Awareness

Familiarity with the optional syllabi.
24th October 2016, 10:45 PM
princekainth2

Being a medical student,you can give IAS exam.
You can choose subjects of your interest.it may be Medical or non-medical subjects or any other

USPC IAS exam is exam conducted by USPC for candidate willing to become IAS officers

It has three stage:
Prelims
Mains
Interview

Candidate must clear all three to become IAS officer

*Candidate must have bachelor's degree from any recognized university/institution.
* Candidate must be citizen of India to become IAS-IPS officer
* Age limit for general-32yr ,OBC-35yr , SC/ST- 37 ( +10yr in each category in case of handicapped)

To study for IAS exam,you can either join some coaching institute or even you can buy an online subscription of websites like meritnation etc.
or you can look out for other websites for study material and complete syllabus with tips and tricks

Good LUCK
25th October 2016, 02:54 PM
ASMITA MISHR
Junior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
*First thing, you should know that minimum academic qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree.
* Minimum age limit for examination is 21 years.

*You are at present in standard 11th, first you need to complete 10+2 then pursue bachelor's degree.

First step in preparation is going through NCERT books. Read all NCERT books from standard 6th to 12th of social science, science and understand it carefully. Read daily newspapers. Once you have completed these subjects move to standard books or join any coaching institute for better preparation.

You can join coaching institute in first year of bachelor's degree, since its very tough competition it requires a lot of focus.
25th October 2016, 11:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should get admission in any good coaching institute preparing candidates for IAS examination. If you don't want to join any coaching institute, you can prepare for the examination from home as well.

You should focus on mathematics, reasoning, general knowledge, general science, etc.

It is not that easy to clear the examination and therefore, it is advisable to focus on your preparation to minimize your chances of not being able to clear the examination.
26th October 2016, 12:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't know anything clearly about IAS exam, but I want to prepare for this exam. Please tell me, I am in class 11 and medical student. What can I study for this exam and also about optional subject to choose? I am in confusion.
After completion of 11th standard in Medical, you can join in B.Sc in Zoology.

Zoology is a optional subject for IAS exam.

List of the optional subjects are,

23rd August 2020, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear: Sir or madem ; I am K.sireesha.
I want to became a collecter .I am studying 11' I take in 11th group pcbz , next college which group I want to take ?????
Please tell mee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?