1st July 2015, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study LLB through CLAT if pursuing 11th PCB?

Hello,
I have just cleared my 10th.
I want to clear CLAT exam after 12th from studying LLB.
But I have taken PCB in my 11th.
So, I am eligible to do LLB after my 12th?

2nd July 2015, 08:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study LLB through CLAT if pursuing 11th PCB?

Yes, you are eligible to study LLB through CLAT after completion of your 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board. CLAT is an all India entrance examination which is conducted by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). Eligibility criteria required to appear in CLAT examination is mentioned below :-

--> You must have obtained Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate with not less than an aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ ST) marks from a recognized Board.

--> Your age should be below 20 years as on 1st July of the year of examination. In case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates, the maximum age should not exceed more than 22 years of age.
2nd July 2015, 09:18 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to apply for " CLAT Exam " after 12th :

>> You should have completed " 10+2 " from the recognized University with minimum 45% of marks.

>> There is a Percentage relaxation of about 5% of marks for reserved candidates.

>> Age should be below 20 years for General candidates and there is a Age relaxation of " 2 years " for SC/ST candidates.

Important dates for CLAT Examination :

>> Starting date to fill the application form : In the month of January

>> Last date to fill the application form : Till April

>> Date of CLAT Exam : In the month of JUNE.
2nd July 2015, 10:45 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue LLB through CLAT Examination after pursuing 12th Class even with the PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is "12th Class" in any discipline from a recognized university. Since any discipline in 12th Class is accepted, you are certainly eligible to appear in CLAT Examination. Candidates appearing in 12th Class are also eligible to appear in CLAT Examination.

Educational Qualification Required for CLAT U.G Program:

>> A Candidate must have obtained Higher Secondary School or Intermediate in 10+2 pattern or its equivalent Certificate from a recognized board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate.

>> SC and ST candidates must have passed 12th Class with minimum 40% marks from a recognized university.

Age Criteria: Maximum age is 20 years (as on 1st July)
2nd July 2015, 04:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for CLAT examination. Kindly have a look.

Eligibility for CLAT(Under Graduate Programs):

1. Aspirants should have competed their +2 level of examination from a recognized board.

2. 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% marks for SC/ST and persons with disability.

3. Candidate should be below the age of 20 for General candidates and 22 in case of SC/ST, at the time of applying for the exam.
2nd July 2015, 05:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for CLAT exam after 12th .

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is a common entrance exam for the national law universities of India.The candidate who wishes to join Law course in UG or PG has to appear in the CLAT exam.

The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with at least 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized Central or State Board of Secondary Education.

-The candidate who have passed the qualifying degree examination through
supplementary/ compartment or repeated attempts are also eligible for appearing in the law exam, on the condition that such candidate will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with 55% percent marks, as the case may be, on the date of their admission or within the time allowed by the respective universities.

-The candidate should not exceed 20 years of age for LLB course.For SC/ST candidate it is 22 years.

-The candidate has to clear CLAT exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

-The syllabus for the entrance exam includes;

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.
2nd July 2015, 07:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for the Common Law Admission Test and the examination is conducted by the one of the 16 National Law University across the India.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from any recognised board.
* Candidate must have an aggregate of 50% in the 10+2 for the general category and relaxation in aggregate of 5% for the SC/ST candidate.
* Candidate must be the citizen of the India.

So you are eligible after the 10+2 from the PCB as any stream candidate are eligible. The examination is conducted in the month of March and April. The examination paper contains 200 question of :-
* English.
* Logical Aptitude.
* General Knowledge.
* Reasoning Ability.

There are also negative marking for the wrong answer. So you need to practice to qualify in the examination.

For more information regarding the examination schedule and syllabus visit at the www.clat.ac.in
2nd July 2015, 07:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course through CLAT exam.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 Years for under graduate course.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

CLAT Exam Guide
Publisher: Arihant (2011)
2nd July 2015, 09:06 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. You are absolutely eligible to apply for CLAT examination. CLAT i.e Common Law Admission Test is conducted by National Law Universities Once in a year for admission to LLB and LLM courses. Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for this course is that candidate should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for reserved categories. You should be below 20 years of age at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Those who are appearing in the final year of board examination may also apply.
3rd July 2015, 05:04 PM
rakesh_batra
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you are eligible to study LLB through CLAT after completion of your 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board. Further, for pursuing llb, some of the good options where you should seek admission are:
Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
National Law University, Jodhpur
ILS Law College, Pune

You can find the eligibility criteria and admission procedure in each of them by navigation to their websites.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?