26th September 2014, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU is recognized by IIT's?

Hello friends,
is the BSc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's?
If one completes his bachelor in science from IGNOU, can he appear for the JAM entrance test conducted by the IIT's for admission to the MSc course.
I know that IGNOU is a UGC recognized central university and it's degrees are recognized by all the universites; however, it's bachelor degree may not be recognized by the IIT's for admission to their post graduate (MSc) courses.
Have you come across any person who has completed his graduation from IGNOU, cracked JAM, and secured admission into an IIT?
Such an example would be really inspiring and encouraging.
Looking forward to your replies. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU is recognized by IIT's? -- [New]
  2. B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU recognized by the IIT's? Will I be eligible for admission in Post Graduation?
  3. Will I be eligible for lectureship if I go for IGNOU PG? I am 36 years with BSc degree from recognized private university? Is age a factor?
  4. Is Karnataka State Open University approved by government of India? Is KSOU declared under the section 3 of UGC act 1956?
  5. Which are the colleges to consider for M.A education?
  6. Will I be awarded with degree after completion of my B.Tech even if I fail to clear my backlog?
  7. Will the Distance Graduation be preferred for Government Jobs?
  8. Are technical courses, PhD by research and Phd degree of CMJ University recognized by AICTE? PhD from CMJ University is equivalent to that of PhD from IITs etc.?
  9. Is ICE(India) AICTE approved institution? Is there degree awarded by ICE recognized by Central or State government for jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. B.Sc Nautical Science is considered as graduation or not? Status of B.Sc Nautical science degree from IGNOU?
  11. Can I be eligible for LLB degree from IGNOU? I have secured 51%
  12. Is IIPM UGC and AICTE approved?
  13. How can I appear for IAS entrance exam? I am a student of IGNOU
  14. Does B.Sc honours have more scope than plain B.Sc? In which stream to do honours?
  15. Is the B.Ed degree awarded by Hindi Sahitya Sammelan recognized/
  16. Is MBA finance degree awarded by Vinayaka missions university in distance education mode?
  17. Scope of degree and universities in distance education?
  18. How to do diploma in electronics engineering?
27th September 2014, 10:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc degree awarded by IGNOU is recognized by IIT's?

IGNOU is a recognized university and you will be eligible for IIT JAM after completion of your degree course. Just make sure you have at least 55% marks in your graduation and you have studied the relevant stream in your Graduation.

If you don't know anyone from IGNOU who has cleared IIT JAM doesn't proves that you are IGNOU's Degree is not recognized by IITs.

You must concentrate on your studies rather than thinking about who cleared it or not. You are eligible for IIT JAM and that is good enough to give you a chance to clear IIT JAM. So, be prepared for it and if you think that you need help, then join a good coaching center.
29th September 2014, 05:54 PM
Devdatta Divekar

IGNoU is recognised by UGC. Both regular and distance mode degrees which are recognized by UGC are valid for applying JAM. Yes, you are eligible for JAM exam. To be eligible for IIT-JAM aspirants need to score at least 55% aggregate marks.
29th September 2014, 05:55 PM
Devdatta Divekar

yes, you need to have a master's degree if you want to pursue Phd from Ignou or any other university. At Ignou, the criteria is you need to have 55% aggregate marks at PG level and programme fee is Rs.7,000/-per annum for 2 years.
1st July 2016, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I want to continue my next study from ignou university
How to take admission in ignou university ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?