25th July 2021, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

A B.Sc degree in Botany similar to a B.Sc degree in agriculture/horticulture/forestry?

Is a B.Sc degree in Botany similar to a b.Sc degree in agriculture/horticulture/forestry? I have graduated with botany as my subject and i want to pursue masters degree in molecular biology and biochemistry. For that stream, the eligibility is a b.sc in agriculture/horticulture/forestry in some institutes. its not clear to me whether i can apply there having a bachelors degree in botany. please help.

28th July 2021, 10:23 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: A B.Sc degree in Botany similar to a B.Sc degree in agriculture/horticulture/forestry?

There is no difference. They are synonyms for the same thing. Plant biology, Plant science, Botany.

You can get admission to this course on the basis of your 10+2 marksheet.

Duration is 3 years.
28th July 2021, 10:23 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A B.Sc degree in Botany similar to a B.Sc degree in agriculture/horticulture/forestry?

No, both are different.
Botany is the study of the physiology, genetics, structure, ecology, classification, distribution and economic importance of plants. Agriculture is the science of farming, comprising cultivation of the soil for growing crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products.

The duration of both courses is three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?