25th January 2015, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Bachelor of Business Management is a Bachelor Degree and equivalent to Graduation for admission in IAS Exam?

Respected Sir/Madam,
My name is Nayan Mudai and have completed my Degree in Bachelor of Business Management with Finance as my Specialization Subject from K.L.E.Society's S. Nijalingappa College, Bangalore.

My Question is that if I am eligible enough to appear IAS Exam as Bachelor of Business Management is a Bachelor Degree and equivalent to Graduation?

With kind request I leave these question in front of you to get an answer. Please reply to me to my email ID "[email protected]". I will be waiting for your reply please.
Thanking you,
Nayan Mudai
emial: [email protected].

26th January 2015, 06:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Bachelor of Business Management is a Bachelor Degree and equivalent to Graduation for admission in IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
My name is Nayan Mudai and have completed my Degree in Bachelor of Business Management with Finance as my Specialization Subject from K.L.E.Society's S. Nijalingappa College, Bangalore.

My Question is that if I am eligible enough to appear IAS Exam as Bachelor of Business Management is a Bachelor Degree and equivalent to Graduation?

With kind request I leave these question in front of you to get an answer. Please reply to me to my email ID "[email protected]". I will be waiting for your reply please.
Thanking you,
Nayan Mudai
emial: [email protected].
Yes, of course you are eligible for IAS entrance exam after completing Bachelor of Business Management. Bachelor of Business Management is recognized course and It is equivalent the graduation as well. So, please don't worry, your definitely IAS entrance exam.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for ever once a year. The notification released in every year December and it will be updated in Official website of UPSC.

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

> Aspirant should be a citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

> Must have passed the Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and F

> Age should be in between 21 years to 30 year. 33 years for OBC candidates and 35 years for SC/ST,40 years for Physically handicapped.

Selection Process is based on, Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE - www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2015, 10:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Bachelor of Business Management is a Bachelor Degree and equivalent to Graduation for admission in IAS Exam?

You are eligible to appear for IAS examinations. Yes, the basic educational qualification required is "Degree of a Recognized University or its equivalent". To join IAS (Indian Administrative Services) department, you must need to give CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). CSAT is an entrance examination conducted which again consists of two stages Civil Services (Preliminary) and Civil Services (Main) Examinations.

Educational Qualification:
i) Degree of a recognized university or equivalent qualification
ii) Since you have completed your Bachelor Degree (in any discipline) from recognized university,and as Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) is also considered as Bachelor degree you can of course apply for IAS Examination.
iii) Other condition given by UPSC is "Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with the detailed Application form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
26th January 2015, 11:38 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Educational Qualification for IAS:

* Aspirant must hold any Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline form recognized University.

You are eligible enough to appear IAS Exam with Bachelor of Management Degree.
27th January 2015, 10:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?