11th December 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS after graduating in Arts from regular and IT from distance?

good Morning I m girl student i have done my graduation in arts and distance graduation in Bs.c (information technology) can i apply for airforce or navy if no then in which criteria i can apply in CDS..............plz help i me i will be thankful to u

17th December 2013, 04:15 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS after graduating in Arts from regular and IT from distance?

Combined Defence Services is the recruitment process conducted by the UPSC for students who have passed their graduation so as to ensure recruiting of confident and intelligent students into the Indian Defence Services.

Candidates are admitted into different divisions of Army(IMA, OTA), Navy and Air Force. After getting qualified they are further subdivided and jobs assigned to them according to the candidate's personal caliber.

For joining Naval Academy and Air Force Academy you must have a graduation career which must include Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science with Physics & Mathematics.

So considering your education qualification and sex you are only eligible for OTA posts which are mainly focused on nontechnical areas.

Eligibility Criteria you must satisfy:

You need to be unmarried girl or an issueless widow.
For IMA(Indian Military Academy) your age should within 19 to 24 years.
For OTA(Officer Training Academy) your age should be within 19 to 25 years.
The University from which you have passed out must be a recognised one.

Selection Procedure:

Written exam
SSB Interview
Medical Examination

CDS examination is a sequence of tests that checks each and every necessary aspects that the concerned field requires. Out of all, medical criteria are strictly checked so try to remain physically fit.

It is held twice a year in the month of February and October. You can apply it in next year in February/October month. So you can try it next year but be sure of your age as it should be within the age limit of 19-25 years.

All the best
11th July 2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS after graduating in Arts from regular and IT from distance?

I have completed B.A from english honours.i want to apply for indian air force through cds can i apply for cds examination.
PLEASE HELP ME...
15th July 2014, 10:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed B.A from english honours.i want to apply for indian air force through cds can i apply for cds examination.
PLEASE HELP ME...

It is good to see your interest in joining in Indian Air force which is known as one the defence force of India and to join in this force you would need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for it and apply for Entrance exams as it is the general procedure.

As you have mentioned that you have completed B.A English Honours you are satisfying the education qualification which is needed for applying for the CDS Exam.To tell about CDS Exam it is one of the defence service exams which is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

The Eligibility criteria's would include such as that:

# You must have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard

# The age limit needed for joining in Indian Air Force is that the candidate should have 19-23 years of age.

# The education qualification needed for joining in IAF though CDS is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream of education

# You must be Physically fit while appearing for the exam as it is very important.

If you satisfy all the above criteria then you can apply for the CDS Exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?