17th December 2014, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA having Biology in both 12th and graduation?

I done graduation with biology can i eligible for mca? I also have biology in 12th class. Mca eligiblity

Related Questions:
  1. Can I take admission in MCA after completing 12th with biology?
  2. Can I do Graduation and MCA at the same time from two different universities?
  3. Which course should I choose for graduation under BSc program? I have completed 12th in science with Biology and with 58%
  4. Eligibility criteria to take admission in MCA who does not have Maths in 12th and graduation?
  5. Eligibility for SBI PO exam after MCA, 60% marks in graduation, 54% in 12th and 60% in 10th standard?
  6. Can I do graduation in Biotech after passing 12th Biology?
  7. Will it be a problem for me to get a good job after completion of MCA of not scoring 1st class in 12th Class?
  8. Eligibility criteria for admission in MCA -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible for Infosys campus placement? I have 75% in 10th , 54.83% in 12th and 69% in B.Sc(CS). Currently I am perusing MCA
  10. How to reappear for 12th Biology paper?
  11. Is it good to choose BCA or MCA? I have finished 12th in Maths, Biology group
  12. Can I do MCA course having passed in Mathematics in Graduation and not having Mathematics in 12th class? Information regarding Entrance Exams for MCA course?
  13. Can I do MCA without having Mathematics in 12th? Am I eligible for MCA?
  14. List of colleges in which i am eligible for MCA entrance exam? I have 55% marks in 12th, Now i m doing graduation through distance learning program
  15. Any job opportunity for me in IAF after doing graduation in BHU?
  16. How can I do MCA without Maths in 12th?
  17. Am I eligible for TCS having secured 59% in 10th, 76% in 12th, 63% in Graduation and 67% in MCA?
  18. Am I eligible for Jobs in top IT Companies being a candidate having scored 74% in 10th Class, 57% in 12th Class, 57% in Graduation and 59% in MCA course?
17th December 2014, 08:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA having Biology in both 12th and graduation?

No, you are not eligible to pursue MCA course after completion of your 12th standard and Graduation with Biology. To be eligible to pursue MCA course, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline (Science, Arts, Commerce or Engineering) from a recognised university.

2. You must have studied Mathematics as subject in your 12th standard and in your graduation degree from a recognised Institution.

Since, you have not pursued 12th and Graduation with Mathematics, you are not eligible to pursue MCA course. BCA graduates are eligible to pursue MCA course.
17th December 2014, 08:08 PM
bablurocks

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application. The duration of the course is of three years and the course is divided into six semester.

Eligibility for MCA Course:-

You should be qualified in three years bachelor degree in BCA , BBA , B.com , B.Tech , B.E from recognized university .

You should have Mathematics subjects in 12th board Examination or Bachelor degree

Then only You eligible for MCA course.

Since You are Biology Candidate in 12th, Therefore You are not eligible for MCA course.
18th December 2014, 12:19 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I done graduation with biology can i eligible for mca? I also have biology in 12th class. Mca eligiblity

Details About MCA:

MCA - Master of Computer Applications is a post graduate course and this course is of 3 years duration consisting of 6 semesters.

Having mentioned that you have studied biology as subject in your +2 and graduation,it doesn't matter but you should have studied Mathematics as subject in your +2 and graduation to be eligible for applying for MCA course.

The procedure to join in MCA course is that the candidate should have completed a Undergraduate degree from a recognized university and the candidate should write the entrance exam applicable for admission to MCA course.

Entrance Exam for MCA:

--> IIT JAM - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission

--> Jammu University MCA Entrance Exam Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam ..

--> Kerala Entrance Examinations for Admission to Master of Computer Applications

--> LUCSAT - Lucknow University Computer Science Admission

--> MAH MCA CET - Maharashtra MCA Common Entrance Test

--> NIMCET - National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test .

--> RMCAAT - Rajasthan Master of Computer Application Admission Test

--> Pune University MCA Entrance Exam

--> PAM CAT - Punjab Admission to MCA Common Aptitude Test

--> TIET - Thapar University of Engineering and Technology MCA Entrance Test

--> VIT Vellore Institute of Technology Entrance Examination

--> WB JECA - West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA

--> TANCET - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test

You need to satisfy the eligibility criteria's framed for the respected entrance exams which you are applying.

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?