2nd March 2022, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Law through distance education after doing BA from correspondence?

I am doing BA(Hons) English [1st yr] from SOL (school of open learning) and wish to pursue Law (LLB) after completing the 3 yr graduation course. Hence, I seek for latest information on whether I can do law course through distance education or correspondence after the completion of my hons. course and also what will then be the time period for the law course (LLB) and which universities/organisations would be apt to help me with my need.Please help.

4th March 2022, 03:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Law through distance education after doing BA from correspondence?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Law course after bachelor degree.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised University.

The course is of three year duration from any recognised University. The admission in college or university is offered on the basis of merit in degree or on the basis of entrance examination.

So, you are eligible to pursue course in correspondence.

List of Universities which offers the course in correspondence are:-

Sikkim Manipal University
Dr Ambedkar University
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Kashmir University etc.
4th March 2022, 04:36 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Law through distance education after doing BA from correspondence?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue law after bachelor degree.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised University.

The course duration of 3 years.

So, you are eligible to pursue course in correspondence.

List of Universities which offers the course in correspondence are:-

Sikkim Manipal University
Dr Ambedkar University
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Kashmir University etc.
5th March 2022, 11:32 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

A candidate cannot persue LLB course through distance learning.

If a candidate wants to do LLB , he/she has to take admission in any of Government or private college to do the course , then only he /she will be recognized as an advocate by the Bar Council of India and can also practice in court with such degree.
5th March 2022, 09:17 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can pursue Law through distance education after doing BA from correspondence .

Distance course is also valid.
6th March 2022, 12:53 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue Law through distance education after doing a BA from Correspondence. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed graduation in any stream with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. The admission process to some universities/institutes can be done through the entrance tests and the minimum age to apply for an LLB course is 17 years and there is no upper age limit. Some of the universities offering Correspondence and distance LLB is given below.

1. Annamalai University
2. Calicut University
3. Mahatma Gandhi University
4. Bangalore Law University
5. Madurai Kamaraj University
6. Delhi University
7. Banaras Hindu University
8. Dr. Ambedkar Law University
9. Alagappa University
10. Jawaharlal Nehru University
9th March 2022, 01:34 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the possibility of pursuing LLB (Bachelor of Law) degree in correspondence mode then I would like to let you know is that BCI (Bar Council of India) neither approves degree courses in law to be offered in distance mode nor does it validate any degree course in law pursued in distance mode to practice law and therefore it is not advisable to pursue the degree courses in law if you are looking to make career in the law field.

So, if you are interested in pursuing LLB degree course then you must look for the option of pursuing the same in the regular mode of education for which you will be eligible after complete of your B.A. (Hons.) in English degree course even in correspondence mode.
9th March 2022, 05:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

LLB is Bachelor in Law. It is three year course from a recognised university. The eligibility to pursue the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Bar Council of India does not recognises distance LLB course. So, In my opinion you should not pursue the course in distance mode.

You are eligible to get admission in the course after completion of bachelor degree course through distance mode.
9th March 2022, 07:57 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

This is because the Bar Council of India (which regulates the profession of lawyers) does not recognize any distance education degree for LLB. So, even if you are able to achieve one, you cannot practice in court with that degree. Simply put, you can't become a lawyer by LLB through distance or correspondence mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?