24th March 2019, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BHMS being a 12th Science student?

I am a student of 12th studying with Science. I don’t want to do normal Graduation, I want to do BHMS from Ahmedabad Homoeopathic Medical College. I would like to know that can I do this BHMS course?

26th March 2019, 12:34 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BHMS being a 12th Science student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 12th studying with Science. I don’t want to do normal Graduation, I want to do BHMS from Ahmedabad Homoeopathic Medical College. I would like to know that can I do this BHMS course?

Yes, you can study BHMS course after completion of 12th science examinations. Eligibility to study the BHMS is a pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects with minimum 50% marks from a recognized Board. Candidates have to appear for the NEET examination for the admission to study BHMS course in India. Duration of the BHMS course is 5.5 years in India. Therefore, being a 12th science student, you are eligible to study the BHMS course.
26th March 2019, 01:12 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria is:-

=> You should have done 10+2 from the science stream Biology group where your main subjects would be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the compulsory subjects.

=> You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board.
=> You must have scored a minimum score of 50% marks in your 12th Board.
=> Minimum age limit should be 17 years.
26th March 2019, 03:35 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is an undergraduate Homoeopathic Medical course. The basic eligibility required to get admission in Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is the candidate should have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English from a recognized board of education. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery if you studied PCB subjects in your 12th class otherwise not. The duration of Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery course is 5 and 1/2 years.
26th March 2019, 07:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for BHMS course:-

The candidate should have passed 12th with science stream PCB from a recognised board are eligible to pursue this course .

Candidate must also have scored a minimum score of 50% marks in PCB subject.

Age limit is 17 years to 25 years.
26th March 2019, 10:04 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can certainly pursue BHMs course from Lal bhadur shastri homeopathic college.

You would need to apply for NEET examination to get the admission in this college as it completely based on the college alloted during councelling.

You should be a citizen of India.
Your minimum age should be 17. However, you will only get 3 attempts to qualify neet.
You should have minimum 55% marks in your 12th with physics, chemistry and biology.
26th March 2019, 11:57 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Can I study BHMS being a 12th Science student: -

Course duration - 5½ years

Course type - Undergraduate Course

Eligibility criteria - 10+2 passed with PCB Subjects

Qualification - Bachelor's degree
27th March 2019, 12:15 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

BHMS course in Ahmedabad Homoeopathic Medical College:-

Science stream consists of Physics, Chemistry and mathematics or Biology. If you have biology in your 10+2 then you can certainly pursue any medical course. If you want to do BHMS, then you would need to attempt the NEET examination.

To get more information on NEET, you can visit the website www.ntaneet.nic.in.

As per the minimum eligibility criteria, you must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% for reserved categories)

You can visit the college website www.paruluniversity.ac.in for more information.
CONTACT ADDRESS:-
Ahmedabad Homeopathic Medical College
OPP- KABIR ENCLAVE,
BOPAL- GHUMA ROAD,
GHUMA,
Ahmedabad,
Gujarat-380058
Phone number:- 02717 233 127
27th March 2019, 10:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to get admission in BHMS course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course with PCM in 12th.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
27th March 2019, 11:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BHMS is Bachelor in Homeopathy and Medical Surgery.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed PCB as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination to get admission in the course after 12th in PCM.
28th March 2019, 11:58 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely eligible to study BHMS being a 12th Science student. You will have to qualify the National level entrance exam NEET-UG for getting admission in BHMS course in any recognized institute/university in India. You must have cleared your 12th Science with 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% aggregate marks for the reserved category candidates) from a recognized board to be eligible to appear in the entrance exam. Selection of candidate is on the basis of rank secured in the entrance exam followed by counselling.
28th March 2019, 05:12 PM
suhas78k

Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery is an undergraduate academic degree course. It includes medical knowledge of the homeopathic system. BHMS course is of 5-year 6month duration which includes an internship. The average BHMS course fee ( INR 2 to 3 lacs).

10+2 or any equivalent degree from a recognized university.
An aggregate score of of50% at 10+2 level.
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
Minimum age limit is 17 years.
28th March 2019, 11:28 PM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, You can pursue after completing your 12th science stream and eligibility criteria are depends on the 12th marks, with a minimum percentage of 50% in subjects of Physics,Biology, chemistry, and the students have to appear in NEET of concurrent year.

The duration of the course is 5.5 years.

Official website - http://www.paruluniversity.ac.in
29th March 2019, 10:01 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you ca certainly apply for the Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery course. The duration of the course will be 5 1/2 years including internship of 1 1/2 year.

Eligibility criteria:-
1) You must have passed the 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and biology with minimum 50% marks.
2)You must have attained the age of 17 years.

You can apply for the NEET or State level entrance examination to pursue BHMS course from a reputed Institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?