22nd November 2017, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to write NEET exam for joining AFMC?

Sir, I am in 12th standard, I am from Kerala. I want to join in AFMC for becoming a doctor in army. Do I have to write the NEET exam for joining in AFMC? Can you give me the details? I will be helpful, if you can answer me soon.Thank you!

22nd November 2017, 08:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to write NEET exam for joining AFMC?

Let me tell you that NEET and AFMC are two different exams and they are not interlinked with each other. These are two separate exams and you can appear either in both or single exam.
22nd November 2017, 10:21 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To join in AFMC, you have to appear in the AFMC examination and you can also appear in NEET examination separately because the candidates who secure good marks and top rank can apply for AFMC college.
Candidates who will be short listed on the basis of NEET will be called for test of English language, comprehension, logic and reasoning and interview conducted by AFMC.
A final scores will be prepared on the basis of written ToELR+NEET+Interview marks.
23rd November 2017, 09:30 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College, and in order to join the college you should have completed 12th standard with PCB and English subjects with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board. Your age should be minimum 17 years at the time if applying for the admission. You have to appear for NEET examination which is a must. After qualifying the examination you can get admission in AFMC college.

Address: Southern Command, Near Race Course, Solapur Road, Wanowrie, Pune, Maharashtra 411040, ph - 020 2633 4230
23rd November 2017, 08:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

AFMC refers to Armed Forces Medical College and for getting admission in AFMC one is required to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) held by CBSE once every year.

Further for appearing in NEET you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserve category.

Apart from educational qualification, you must hold the nationality of India with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in NEET.

For more details regarding AFMC admission criteria you can refer to the link www.afmc.nic.in where as for details regarding NEET you can visit the link www.cbseneet.nic.in .
23rd November 2017, 09:47 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands Armed Forces Medical College.

Yes, NEET is compulsory for AFMC.

Those candidates who qualify for AFMC through NEET will have to appear and aptitude test conducted by AFMC.

Based on NEET marks candidates would be selected.
23rd November 2017, 09:47 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you have to appear and qualify in the NEET examination in order to join AFMC.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in Science stream studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology as a subject combination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 60% of marks in it can apply for the MBBS course in AFMC.
Admission is based on the marks scored in the NEET examination.
23rd November 2017, 10:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, admission in AFMC will be offered only after qualifying in NEET examination. NEET examination is conducted by CBSE.

Candidates after qualifying in NEET examination also have to qualify in a short test conducted by AFMC for admission.

The final merit list will be made on the basis of performance in both the examination. It is necessary that candidate must have scored minimum 60% in PCB to get admission in AFMC.
23rd November 2017, 10:22 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, it is compulsory to qualify NEET entrance exam for joining AFMC. AFMC is a national level medical exam conducted for admission of Indian candidates in MBBS programme.
Eligibility for AFMC:
>Candidates must be Indian citizen.
>Age of the candidates should not be less than 17 years and more than 22 years as on 31st December of that year.
>Candidates must have passed 12th standard or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% of aggregate marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also must have secure 50% marks in English subject from a recognized board.
24th November 2017, 02:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are definitely required to appear in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) for your admission in AFMC ( Armed Force Medical College ) to pursue MBBS degree course as admission in MBBS in college (apart from AIIMS) is done on the basis of performance in NEET only.

*** Further the minimum qualifications required for appearing in NEET are as here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India with your age must not lying under 17 years by the last date of that year in which you are appearing in NEET.

ii) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board.

For more information about AFMC admission procedure you can log on to the link www.afmc.nic.in . Also for details and notifications regarding NEET you can visit the link www.cbseneet.nic.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?