6th December 2017, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Is Electrical engineering not a good choice?

I am going to have diploma and then B.Tech in electrical, I also have interest in my subject. Did I chose right course, because my family members specially my father and his cruel friends are saying that there is no job opportunity in electrical, if I will do this course after 10th.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Mechanical or Civil or Electrical in Diploma if secured 2126 rank in JEXPO?
  2. Is M-Tech in Electrical Engineering a good choice? Which universities to join? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which trade to choose for B.Tech course after completion of 12th standard with 57 percent marks?
  4. List of good engineering colleges in Bangalore, Delhi, AP for Electrical Engineering?
  5. How can I study Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering being a Diploma Electronics Engineer? Is it beneficial to study?
  6. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  7. Which branch is better to take in B.Tech Engineering?
  8. In which branch I will get admission if secured 1385 AIR in VITEEE and scored 156 marks in MU OET?
  9. Can I do boiler engineering course after diploma in electrical engineering? -- [New]
  10. Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?
  11. How may I switch into core from IT sector job in Chennai? I have done chemical engineering
  12. Percentage required in B.Tech to give the BSNL exam for EC engineer?
  13. Which one is better for females between Electrical and Electronics?
  14. Suitable stream in Diploma for ITI Electrician?
  15. What are the electrical training courses available after completion of B.Tech Electrical Engineering course?
  16. What should be done after diploma in EEE?
  17. Is doing MBA (HR) a good choice for a computer engineering graduate?
  18. Is it a good choice to pursue Aeronautical Engineering after completing Mechanical Engineering? Will I get a good job?
6th December 2017, 11:37 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Electrical engineering not a good choice?

Yes, Electrical engineering is a very good stream to study. You have taken a good decision by choosing this stream. It has a very good scope in future which can lead you to get jobs in MNC's and other reputed government and private companies with high salary. You have done right by choosing the stream in which you are interested in. So, don't worry you are in the right path. Just work hard and keep moving forward.
7th December 2017, 03:46 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Electrical engineering is good choice as career point of view, because it posses a lot of career opportunities in areas like IT industry, Railways, Health care equipment manufacturing industry, Telecommunication companies, Power generation and transmission centres, Plant engineering departments, Electrical equipment and system manufacturing companies etc.

So don’t worry as you are going want to go for further studies in electrical engineering stream which is good choice according to career prospective.
7th December 2017, 11:46 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Each and every course has its own scope as far as job as well as career opportunities are concerned. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Electrical Engineering course has very good job and career opportunities are available.

You may find employment opportunities in the below mentioned sectors,
() Core Sector
() Software Companies
() Government Sector ..etc.,

Some of the companies that are offering job opportunities for Electrical Engineering background are,

* GE
https://www.ge.com/

* Robert Bosch
http://www.boschindia.com/en/in/star...andingpage.php

* Cummins
https://www.cumminsindia.com/

* Kirloskar
http://www.kirloskarpumps.com/

* Schneider Electric
https://www.schneider-electric.co.in/en/

* BHEL
http://www.bhel.com/home.php

* BEL
http://bel-india.com/

* Ericsson
https://www.ericsson.com/en

* Top Software Companies ..etc.,
7th December 2017, 01:22 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am going to have diploma and then B.Tech in electrical, I also have interest in my subject. Did I chose right course, because my family members specially my father and his cruel friends are saying that there is no job opportunity in electrical, if I will do this course after 10th.

No, electrical engineering is one of the best courses in engineering stream. All the engineering streams are equally good. What is most important is the students’ interest and the college one study. Candidates who have studied the electrical engineering in any of the reputed engineering colleges like IITs, Anna University, VIT etc. can find very good jobs. There are various job opportunities available for the electrical engineers. If the student is passionate about electrical engineering then he/she will do well. Electricity is the most important thing for all the companies.
7th December 2017, 10:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is nothing like that Electrical Engineering is not a good choice. Each and every course has its own significance and career opportunities. If you have interest in Electrical field then, it is best to pursue your higher studies in Electrical field. After completion of your Diploma and Bachelor's degree course in Electrical Engineering, you can apply for GATE and try to score good marks in GATE and you can get a job in PSU.
7th December 2017, 11:45 PM
rachamallamanoj

It is very good to join diploma in electrical engineering and b.tech in electrical engineering. After 10th you can join diploma by passing the entrance exam of diploma.
Diploma is 3 years course. After diploma you can join B.Tech.

>>After completing Diploma or being in the final year of diploma you can apply for the engineering common entrance exam.
>>After completing diploma you can directly join 2nd year b.tech as a lateral entry candidate.
>>The duration of b.tech after diploma is 3 years.

To tell there are various opportunities in electrical engineering and a lot of companies are providing jobs. Even if there are no placements in the college also you can go the off campus recruitment. Some of the companies providing jobs for electrical engineering students are
1. The Boeing Company
2. Lockheed Martin Corporation
3. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
4. Google
5. Apple
6. General Electric
8th December 2017, 12:20 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Don't listen to what people are saying about your Engineering stream selection. You have selected Electrical Engineering which is a very good engineering stream and posses a ton of job opportunities in private as well as in government sectors. Also let me inform you that Electrical engineering is among core engineering streams. Since, you are interested in Electrical engineering then I don't think any other stream is suitable for you other then Electrical engineering itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?