20th June 2017, 05:38 PM
Pal Santoshkumar

Eligibility for the admission in b.tech in gujarat in 2018

I had passed 12th science in 2015 with 79% . I want to take admission in b.tech in gujarat but this year i had not appeared in gujcet 2017 so i had been able to get admission . So the requirements for getting admission in b.tech college in gujarat in 2018 .

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS course in Gujarat?
  2. What are the procedures and eligibility criteria to take admission in colleges of Gujarat for BBA course?
  3. Will I be able to appear in JEE Main next year if already missed two attempts?
  4. What's the eligibility for taking admission in MCA course in Gujarat? I have done my HSC from Pune and my BCA from North Gujarat University
  5. How to get admission in regular BE/BTech in Civil Engg. at GTU?
  6. What is the admission procedure in GUJCET for CBSE students born in Gujarat?
  7. When will the admission for M.E in E.C be starting in Gujarat? I'm an E.C engineer from Gujarat
  8. How to take admission in B.Tech after completing diploma from Rajasthan Board
  9. What is the quota of admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat?
  10. What is the eligibility for admission in Gujrat through GPAT? My GPAT score is 2376
  11. Which are the engineering college available to me in Gujarat and Maharashtra after scoring 35711 in AIEEE? Colleges offering integrated B.Ed+M.Tech dual degrees?
  12. How to get admission in M.Pharm in Anand Gujarat? Entrance exam that I have to answer to take admission in Gujarat?
  13. What's the eligibility criteria(for MBBS course) to get admission in Gujarat?
  14. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  15. State quota benefits for admission through GUJCET?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission for M.Tech in Gujarat after completion of diploma course?
  17. Eligibility for a private candidate appear in IIT Advanced 2018?
  18. Admission in Gujarat for M.Pharm? Information about Gujarat Entrance Exam? Procedure for M.Pharm in Gujarat?
20th June 2017, 10:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for the admission in b.tech in gujarat in 2018

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech course in Gujarat in 2018, you have to appear in GUJCET 2018 examination which is conducted by Gujarat State board of technical education. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for GUJCET 2018 examination. By qualifying the entrance examination and participating in the counselling process, you can get admission for pursuing B.Tech course in Gujarat in 2018.
20th June 2017, 11:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, appearing in GUJCET Examination is the only way to pursue B.Tech in colleges offering these courses.

So, you are compulsorily required to appear in GUJCET Examination in order to pursue Bachelor Degree (B.Tech) course.

On the other hand, you may also appear in JEE (Joint Engineering Entrance) Examination to get admission in B.Tech course in colleges available in Gujarat.

So you may appear either in Joint Engineering Entrance Examination or else in Statewide Engineering Entrance Examination.

In general, the minimum percentage required in 12th Class to be eligible for appearing in Examination is 45% marks and for reserved category candidates the minimum percentage required is 40% marks.
21st June 2017, 03:16 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Those candidates who want to write the GUJCET exam must have fulfill the eligibility criteria. The candidate must be the citizen of India and should be the bonafide resident of Gujarat and must have completed his/her 10+2 from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 45% marks and the reserved category candidates must have scored a minimum of 40% marks in 10+2.
21st June 2017, 07:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Candidates who are seeking admission in B.Tech in Gujarat state should have to appear for GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) conducted by GSEB (Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Board).

Followings are the eligibility criteria for GUJCET:

>Candidate should be an Indian citizen and should be a bonafide resident of Gujarat state.

>The candidate should have passed 10+2 with aggregate marks of 45% in PCM from a recognized board.

>There are 5% of marks relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>Age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years.

So you can apply for GUJCET after satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
22nd June 2017, 10:15 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal Santoshkumar View Post
I had passed 12th science in 2015 with 79% . I want to take admission in b.tech in gujarat but this year i had not appeared in gujcet 2017 so i had been able to get admission . So the requirements for getting admission in b.tech college in gujarat in 2018 .
Eligibility:

Educational Qualification: A pass in Plus two or its equivalent qualification scoring an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% in each of these three subjects is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for B.Tech course.

Age Limit: Applicant’s shall be born on or after 1st July 1996.

Admission Process: The applicant must appear and qualify in the Engineering entrance such as, JEE , GATE, etc. with good marks. The admission will be based on both the 12th board exam and entrance exam score.
22nd June 2017, 08:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal Santoshkumar View Post
You are eligible for B.Tech course in 2018 in Gujarat.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for Engineering Entrance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?