27th August 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Is NEET compulsory for pursuing Biotechnology?

I am a bio IP student , which includes bio chemistry physics English and informatics. I am writing only CET. I want to know whether NEET is compulsory or not for biotechnology?

27th August 2017, 10:49 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NEET compulsory for pursuing Biotechnology?

You are going for biotech not for medical line, so even you can choose any one of them, but you should be getting good marks in 12th boards that's it but you give this any entrance examination of medical line because its for selection of medical colleges only you are going for Biotechnology so your in field of research which is best facilities are in Noida.
27th August 2017, 10:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue biotechnology degree course in your future after completing your 12th standard with PCB then there is no need to qualify NEET exam. There is a separate exam if you want to pursue biotechnology course so you have to appear in that particular exam. Neet exam is conducted for those students who are interested to pursue medical course such as M. B. B. S and BDS course.
28th August 2017, 05:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a bio IP student , which includes bio chemistry physics English and informatics. I am writing only CET. I want to know whether NEET is compulsory or not for biotechnology?

No, NEET is not compulsory for pursuing the Biotechnology course. The National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) are only for taking admission to MBBS and BDS. NEET is not compulsory for biotechnology courses. Candidates after completion of 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology can pursue biotechnology courses. Candidates are admitted to the course based on common entrance test or entrance test conducted by the concerned university. There are BTech Biotechnology and BSc Biotechnology courses available for studies after 10+2. The courses are available in various colleges/universities in India.
28th August 2017, 07:19 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Eligibility Criteria for Biotechnology:
>A candidate must have completed 12th standard in Science stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board of education.
>Candidate must have studied the following subject combination in 12th standard;
*Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
or
*Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science
or
*Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
The eligibility criteria may vary for different university.
No you don't have to appear for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam, qualifying CET exam is enough to get admission into college to pursue this course.
28th August 2017, 07:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that Biotechnology is a technical degree and NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) is held for offering admission in only undergraduate medical degree course i.e; MBBS and BDS.

So it is quite evident that there is no requirement for appearing in NEET unless you are interested in pursuing MBBS or BDS degree course.

Further for admission in good college to pursue Biotechnology degree course you can also look to appear and qualify entrance examinations like JEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, IPU CET, etc. apart from State CET/EEE.
28th August 2017, 09:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, NEET is not compulsory for admission in biotechnology related course. In fact, you have various other entrance exam conducted by universities, for which you can apply.

Even there are state level entrance exam for giving admission in these course. Just make sure that you apply for it on time and also be well prepared for the exam.
28th August 2017, 10:15 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not required for you to appear in the NEET examination in order to pursue Biotechnology course.
NEET is an entrance examination required to qualify to pursue course like MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BDS etc.
So, if you are pursuing Biotechnology, you do not require to apply for NEET examination.
30th August 2017, 05:41 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

No, NEET is the entrance examination for the undergraduate and post graduate courses in medical and dental colleges to pursue Mbbs, BDS, MD, MS, MDS.

Biotechnology does not require any such entrance examination. It varies from college to college and there is no such National or state level entrance examination for it.
9th March 2020, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best college. In Biotechnology in tamil nadu?
14th December 2020, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

How and when can I apply for biotechnology course after 12th PCB?
15th May 2021, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

can a PCB student go for B.Tech Bio technology?Or should they go for BSc Bio tech?
18th September 2021, 09:33 PM
Minal F

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Candidates must have 12th with physics,chemistry,biology and mathematics with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.

And NEET is not compulsory for Biotechnology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?