28th March 2020, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology over BDS?

Hi, I am a student of 12th standard, studying with Science stream. I want to do Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology instead of BDS. But my mother is telling me to do BDS in future. I just want to know about the scope of Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology over BDS course. Please tell me immediately.

3rd April 2020, 08:06 PM
Ammu Devan

Default Re: Scope of studying Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology over BDS?

Scope of studying Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language
A person on completing the course in the field of language pathology can work as speech pathologists as well as audiologists. Since the speech and hearing is a developing branch of allied health sciences, its scope is wide spread. They can work in various settings such as:

Hospitals

Rehabilitation centers

Private clinics

Hearing aid centers and companies

Various industries

Special schools

Instructory institutions

Academic teaching & research

Forensic speech pathology & audiology

There is an acute scarcity of these professionals and very high demand in India and abroad.
3rd April 2020, 08:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of studying Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology over BDS?

Graduates in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology can practice in hospitals in the department of ENT, pediatrics, neurology, rehabilitation medicine, speech and hearing centres, Hearing Aid industry, child guidance Centre, et cetera.
They can also practice as independent Audiologist.

Job areas-

Healthcare institutions

Government agencies

Government Health Departments

Hospitals

Nursing care facilities

Rehabilitation centres

Private practice

Academic universities

Medical hospitals/Clinics

Special schools
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?