17th February 2015, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design?

hi,
i want to pursue bachelors degree in fashion design.
i have completed my 12th. i have to just clear any entrance
exam or something else too?
waiting for your guidance

20th February 2015, 12:23 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design?

It is good to hear that you are interested in doing your graduation in designing field.
No clearing an exam is not enough to get into some good college. To get a NIFT which is the best institute for this trade you need to clear an exam which followed by the group discussions and personal interviews.

NIFTs admit candidates to the B. Des course based on their performance in the entrance test followed by interview and group discussion. Also, NIFTs reserve 7.5%, 15% and 3% of seats for ST, SC and for students belonging to foreign countries respectively.
Competition is bit tough. Hence you need to prepare well.
20th February 2015, 08:12 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
i want to pursue bachelors degree in fashion design.
i have completed my 12th. i have to just clear any entrance
exam or something else too?
waiting for your guidance
Eligibility for undergraduate programmes is class with minimum of 50%.
There are major entrance tests for bachelor degree in fashion designing like
• Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
• NIFT Entrance Test
• NID Entrance Test
• Pearl Academy of Fashion Entrance Test (PAF)
CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT, Bombay) for admission to Post Graduate M.Des. programs at the Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay; IDDC, IIT Delhi; CPMD, IISc Bangalore; design Program, IIT Kanpur.
While NIFT exam is for B.Des. (Fashion Design), B.Des. (Leather Design) B.Des. (Accessory Design), B.Des. (Textile Design), B.Des. (Knitwear Design), B.Des. (Fashion Communication) in the design discipline at undergraduate level and M.Des. (Master of Design) at master level. NID entrance is for courses like Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) and Post-Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD). Pearl Academy of Fashion Entrance Exam is conducted for 4 year undergraduate courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?