13th September 2018, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Should I study BTech(Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology?

Hi team, my friends are suggesting me to do BTech(Chemical Engineering) from Calcutta Institute of Technology. As I am interested to do BTech(Chemical Engineering) so I would like to know that should I do this course from this institute?

14th September 2018, 11:48 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study BTech(Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology?

Yes, you can study B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology. The Calcutta Institute of Technology is approved by Government of West Bengal, West Bengal State Council of Technical Education and AICTE, New Delhi. The Calcutta Institute of Technology is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal. Since, the institute is recognised, you can pursue B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) from Calcutta Institute of Technology.
14th September 2018, 03:57 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study BTech(Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology?

=> Calcutta Institute of Technology, in Uluberia, West Bengal, India offers degree engineering courses.

=> As per my knowledge, yes you should study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology.

For more information you can contact at given below address.

CONTACT ADDRESS

Address: NH6, Banitabla, Uluberia, Howrah, West Bengal 711316
Phone: 033 2661 0736
14th September 2018, 08:29 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Calcutta Institute of Technology (CIT) is a good college which offers diploma, graduation, post graduation degrees in different subjects. B.Tech in Chemical engineering is one of the course offered by the college.

Calcuttta Institute of Technology is affiliated by MAKAUT and approved by AICTE.
This college has good educational values, fee structure for the graduation degree is not to high. The faculty is also good and they will teach and help you in improving your subject knowledge and communication skills.
The only drawback is with the placements, the college conducts placements with the normal companies and they recruit very few people.

If you score good marks in your graduation degree then you can get into the placements or you can even try in other companies through direct drives otherwise this college is good college for studying.

For more details about the college visit the official website of CIT.
15th September 2018, 02:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Calcutta Institute of Technology offer B.Tech in various course.

The admission is offered on the basis of JEE or State Engineering Entrance Examination.

The intake capacity is 60 in Chemical Engineering course. For more information visit at the official website http://bciedu.org/newsite_arc_cit/courses.
15th September 2018, 04:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you will qualify the required criteria to get admission then you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Chemical Engineering in Calcutta Institute of Technology.

It is four year B.Tech course. The total intake capacity in Chemical Engineering course is 60.

The admission is offered on the basis of score in the State Entrance Test and Joint Entrance Test.
15th September 2018, 04:58 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can pursue B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) course in Calcutta Institute of Technology.

Eligibility to pursue B.Tech (Chemical Engineering) course in Calcutta Institute of Technology are as follows:-
Aspirants must have completed 10+2 with 60% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry from a recognized board.
Aspirants must have cleared JEE Main or All India Engineering Examination conducted by CBSE.
15th September 2018, 11:16 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study BTech( Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology:-

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should have passed 12th with 45% marks from a recognised board .

Age Limit :-

The minimum age limit is 17 years.

Admission process:-

Admission is through counselling based on the rank obtained in West Bengal joint entrance examination( WBJER)

Fees: 'General category' total fees INR 3.15 lakh.
17th September 2018, 08:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Before taking admission at any college, you should check their previous placement record of that particular department or stream. If they have got excellent record, then go for it.

Normally, these days colleges with excellent placement record will have tough competition for getting admission.
19th September 2018, 01:46 AM
mayank1610

Smile Re: Should I study BTech(Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology?

The fees in this college is affordable, around 350000 for 4 years.

The faculty in this college are also very helpful and good.

But the infrastructure of the college is not so good. There is lack of cleanliness and basic amenities.

Also, the placement is good mostly for computer science branch. For other branches, the placement is poor.

Based on these factors, you can decide whether you want to study or not in this college.
19th September 2018, 03:04 AM
eshab

Wink Re: Should I study BTech(Chemical Engineering) in Calcutta Institute of Technology?

The placements are average in this college. But the faculties and infrastructure, both are not so good. There are no fests or activities organised by the college. So consider once more before going for this college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?