1st July 2016, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for internships while pursuing IT engineering 2nd year?

I am a IT student pursuing 2nd year in engineering college of bikaner how to apply in
internship program?? Am I eligible to apply? Can you please let me know the steps which I need to follow for the same?

3rd July 2016, 06:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for internships while pursuing IT engineering 2nd year?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Internship while pursuing 2nd year IT Engineering. The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for Internship is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed 3rd year B.Tech (Engineering) from a recognized university.

>> Or Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to appear in Internships.

>> As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for Internship while pursuing 2nd year.

>> I suggest you to apply for Internship from next year as you will be in 3rd year.
3rd July 2016, 07:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for internships while pursuing IT engineering 2nd year?

Yes, you are eligible for internship programme in the second year of your engineering course. However, the chances of getting internship opportunities are less as companies prefer candidates from third and fourth year engineering course. The procedure of application depends on the company in which you are applying.

- Some companies have online provision of application wherein you can apply online and submit resume in their online portal.

- Some companies have only offline provision of application wherein you need to contact the companies offline and get the application form.

- Some companies recruit through third party internship portals.

- Some recruit through referral of its employees.

Hence, upload your profile in the leading internship portals, do a research and shortlist companies in which you want to pursue internship and proceed as per their application procedure and eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?