20th December 2009, 03:48 PM
Admin
Administrator

Your Feedback and Suggestions

Hello all, in this section you can tell us what you like about this forum and what you don't. You can also suggest us things we need to modify/enhance/improve upon.

We'd also like to know what do you think about Scholarships+Certificates that we are giving here, any suggestions?

20th December 2009, 06:39 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: [Scholarships] Your Feedback and Suggestions

its a good contest ......good place to help fresh students.....
the scholarship program encourages to post more and more posts.........
20th December 2009, 11:41 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

it is a good way to help some one who actually need your guidance,and to show a good and right path to someones carrier.
21st December 2009, 07:08 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

the best thing about this forum is we are able to student and also get help in an language which we can understand.
and of course the certificate and scholarship are added incentive
21st December 2009, 12:48 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Hi, sir I think that scholorship matter but not more than that of the certificate which you are giving to those five runner up so it is good for the five who won that SCHOLOR+CERTIFICATE
Thank you
22nd December 2009, 08:48 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

it is really satisfying to know that we are able to help this many people and makes me proud of myself,thank you for providing such an opportunity
22nd December 2009, 11:42 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

I think its good, SCHOLORSHIP+CERTIFICATE which are given to top 5-winners are valueable.

Frankly speaking !
I think it will be much better if the ammount of scholarahip are increased or it should given to top 10 candidates,because we have to consume our time here,which is more valueable then the ammount we get here,and forum should make much knowledge gaining.
22nd December 2009, 12:58 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
I think its good, SCHOLORSHIP+CERTIFICATE which are given to top 5-winners are valueable.

Frankly speaking !
I think it will be much better if the ammount of scholarahip are increased or it should given to top 10 candidates,because we have to consume our time here,which is more valueable then the ammount we get here,and forum should make much knowledge gaining.
Faiyaz,

We think that the amount we are giving along with certificates is kind of appropriate because by spending your time here:

- You can improve your writing skills
- Increase knowledge
- Make friends
- Get you problems solved

As for increasing the number of scholarships to 10, yes we are thinking about this. Update: yes, next scholarships will have 10 winners.

Thanks
22nd December 2009, 07:50 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Thank you sir,

But the thing i want to say is that to make this forum more attractive and a treasure of knowledge for all (students,professional etc.)

I am not disagree with your answer absolutely we are gaining much of knowledge which is more valueable then ammount.

Frankly speaking, I want to say that forums like shiksha.com,studychannel etc. are still first priority of students for solving there career related problems.

Entrance-exam.net/forum is much behind , so I think more hard work is required for this forum.
22nd December 2009, 08:18 PM
Admin
Administrator

Faiyaz,

I got your point.

Shiksha and ISC are running from long ago.. we've just started with this forum. It takes time.

We'll surely modify Scholarships gradually as per requirements.

~Admin
22nd December 2009, 09:41 PM
sushma bejgum
Member+

these type of forums are very much useful to improve once ability to communicate and get the unknow things and ideas for future plans..
i think this is a great chance for me and to all to know about each and every career options that v have..
thanks for you to creating this type of forum.
thanks for all of friends and members over here to giving their valuble time to clear others doughts.
And comming to the part of scholarships+certificates its an additional advantage for us to say..

thank you
23rd December 2009, 01:39 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Thank you sir,

you are rigth every new thig requires sometime to get its foothold.I promise I will try my level best to promote and work for this forum.
23rd December 2009, 11:41 PM
mukilan

hi sir
i think this message will reach our forum in good health
sir this s really astonishing
i m really lucky to help others and exhibit my knowledge to others
but still 1 suggestion u can give price and certificate for top 10 ranks
tats my wish
24th December 2009, 12:25 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukilan View Post
hi sir
i think this message will reach our forum in good health
sir this s really astonishing
i m really lucky to help others and exhibit my knowledge to others
but still 1 suggestion u can give price and certificate for top 10 ranks
tats my wish
It's written on the rankings page that next scholarships will have 10 winners.
24th December 2009, 10:41 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

One of the best forum helping students to gather information and also encouraging for the others to help the required.
25th December 2009, 05:02 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Suggestions, Feedback and Requests

There are lots of things required to add inthis forum to make it leading one.

I am working in this topic will soon submit the presentation........

Thank you
25th December 2009, 10:06 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
There are lots of things required to add inthis forum to make it leading one.

I am working in this topic will soon submit the presentation........

Thank you
Great. Looking forward to see your suggestions.

~Admin
26th December 2009, 12:35 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

hello sir,
i think this forum is quite good in its present working but definitely nothing can be perfect until we all take part in making it perfect, on my part i just have one suggestion that i have seen at many places that just to increase the number of posts to gain points many members are just subscribing the minimum limit of words reuired for posting a message without even talking about the query in reply for whom they have posted their comment so some kind of provision should be made for the same.I'll be giving my query,opinions and suggestions as i go ahead in this forum. This suggestions has been totally given as a well wisher of this forum.
26th December 2009, 02:16 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Thank you for the certificates+ cheques sir, i have received it.
26th December 2009, 02:28 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esha Sharma View Post
hello sir,
i think this forum is quite good in its present working but definitely nothing can be perfect until we all take part in making it perfect, on my part i just have one suggestion that i have seen at many places that just to increase the number of posts to gain points many members are just subscribing the minimum limit of words reuired for posting a message without even talking about the query in reply for whom they have posted their comment so some kind of provision should be made for the same.I'll be giving my query,opinions and suggestions as i go ahead in this forum. This suggestions has been totally given as a well wisher of this forum.
Yes we have realized that some members are trying to abuse the points system by posting short and useless replies. We need to stop this in upcoming scholarships.

We think that you are an appropriate person to become a moderator here. We can discuss this. Contact us through the bottom right contact link if you are interested.

Besides, we appreciate your suggestions, keep them coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetriselvi View Post
Thank you for the certificates+ cheques sir, i have received it.
Great. Please post here that you've received it.
27th December 2009, 12:10 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

as you have announced that short answers will not be accepted any more....i wanted to give my opinion on it.....

many a times the query needs a short answer....there is noting more we can suggest...like if some one asks for a good book...what we can suggest is the name of the book its features and where it is available.....and nothing else....and so it becomes short.....

many a times i have seen that an query has already been answered and so i try to give some extra information and other options one can opt....and so it becomes short.....

i personally give a lot of references of websites as i think that if the query is about the syllabus ...one can not literally write the whole syllabus here and so i give a link for that......and so it becomes short......

while answering a query i first read all the posts already there ...so that i can give some new information about the topic which has not been discussed ........there is not use of repeating the same answer many times....it is not meaningful .....

if i am posting a answer after 6 members have done , then i try to not repeat what i they have already written but try to give a link for direct more information or igive some new facts about i......and so it becomes short.....

many times it doesn't matter the size of the answer but it should be meaningful.....even if it is a line answer...........
i always try that the person who has posted the query should be satisfied ...and should get some thing new with every new post............

i hope you will understand my state.......
27th December 2009, 01:03 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

sir,
I am unable to undestand your reply.

please make me clear.
27th December 2009, 02:46 PM
Admin
Administrator

@amarjit:

You are right. We are okay with answers which are meaningful no matter how long or short. We didn't mean "Short Answers", we meant "Short and Useless Answers".

What you have been doing so far is perfect. You are an important member here, so continue with what (and how) you are doing.

We are thinking about introducing a multiplier number. So if a good member has got a multiplier of say 1.5, bad members will have something like 0.9.

In that way if you have 50 points, your effective points would be 50*1.5=75, and the bad members will have 50*0.9=45.

Nothing is decided yet though.

@faiyaz:

What exactly you couldn't understand? that moderator thing was meant for Esha Sharma only.
29th December 2009, 07:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,
I just want to ask that we are allowed to invite other persons to join this forum or not.
I am asking because if we are allowed for it I can make atleast 10 persons to join this forum.
29th December 2009, 11:09 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

sir ,
i think the multiplier thing is an good idea,
but what i feel is ,it should be for every post depending whether the post is an relevant answer or not?
you have to take a great care in situations like "fo some of the questions the answer is already given and what others do is just try to suppourt that answer and there is nothing more than that they can do"
in such situations you should use the multiplier very carefully
i think you understand what i mean?
you can also give bonus points for really good answers that will increase number of really good answers.
29th December 2009, 11:54 PM
Admin
Administrator

@faiyaz,

You are free to invite everyone. It'll be good for the forum and thousands of students/job-seekers.

@maddusajj,

Anurag, you have made a very valid point. Ideally, each answer should be given points according to its relevance and usefulness, but, at this point in time we don't have the resources to do that.

If a member is found to be posting really useful answers, his multiplier number will be increased, we'll do that without checking every answer because we'll have to have some faith on that member that if some of his answers are useful, his other answers can not be useless at least.

It's a step in right direction. We know that the system is far from perfectness, we'll keep improving with your help and suggestions.
30th December 2009, 08:12 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

sir,
i also want to make an very interesting note ,what i observed is that the questions asked are visible for answer only after 4 or 5 days,
but some of the questions posted are really urgent and by the time we answer them ,the use of answer is over and the guy who asked the question does not get his answer in time
please try to post the questions as early as possible
30th December 2009, 03:42 PM
Admin
Administrator

@maddusajj,

We are getting lots of questions everyday, and we can't approve them all everyday because if we do that a lot of questions will remain unanswered and knowing that next day more questions will be coming, the members might not care to answer them all.

At this time, our objective is to have less questions with enough useful answers.
30th December 2009, 04:08 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Respected Sir,
I wanted to know whether shall we consecutively answer for a single thread. i.e., we post an answer for a thread and if the person or some one else continues to ask for more questions based on the answer given shall we answer them back or not. Please reply sir.
30th December 2009, 04:38 PM
Admin
Administrator

@vetriselvi,

Yes you can answer, no problem at all. In fact it'll be really helpful.
30th December 2009, 05:11 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

I am 'frankly speaking' what I thought is right for making this forum much better.

Following measures will be helpful for making this forum friendlier:-

A more decent look, for whole forum/website.

A brief static’s for ‘rankings’ of members, which can also give a brief description of quality of answers post by the members, in other to check there quality of postings.

Introduction of hall of fame like something, which contains some of the best answers of this forum, as it will ensure the question asking members that they will be able to get best answers here

Addition of threads where members can frankly express, what they think about the answers which they get from our senior members.

Giving a designation /title to most relevant senior member.However, this is not necessary.

Addition of thrend where any member can ask there problem relating to there subject of study.

Allotment of points for posting to ‘social groups’ its because it not only motivates and inspire students/members, but also contribute towards ‘Art of living’ which is more valueable.If points will be allotted for it members will take more interest in it.

I am noticing that members are giving more importance to postings, then any other activity which is also necessary.

Frankly speaking don’t mind

At last any member can frankly challenge/speak for any debate/discussion,even for disliking any ones behavior/reply/post etc,Including me also.

The thing I just want to say is that, this forum is different from any other forum/website and we are not required to introduce the things which are common to others. But the required thing is to take full care of existing one’s along with some modern implementations.
30th December 2009, 07:07 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
I am 'frankly speaking' what I thought is right for making this forum much better.

Following measures will be helpful for making this forum friendlier:-

A more decent look, for whole forum/website.
While starting this forum, we tried more than 10 different designs. We chose the simplest. New design will thought upon only after few months.

Quote:
A brief static’s for ‘rankings’ of members, which can also give a brief description of quality of answers post by the members, in other to check there quality of postings.
We are thinking about this.
Quote:
Introduction of hall of fame like something, which contains some of the best answers of this forum, as it will ensure the question asking members that they will be able to get best answers here
We do plan to have a testimonial section. It's still in our to-do list

Quote:
Addition of threads where members can frankly express, what they think about the answers which they get from our senior members.
There will be a "chatter" section very soon, where members could discuss things not related to education/career.

Quote:
Giving a designation /title to most relevant senior member.However, this is not necessary.
Not sure if we'll do it. Let's see. Point noted.

Quote:
Allotment of points for posting to ‘social groups’ its because it not only motivates and inspire students/members, but also contribute towards ‘Art of living’ which is more valueable.If points will be allotted for it members will take more interest in it.

I am noticing that members are giving more importance to postings, then any other activity which is also necessary.
Social groups are not a priority at this time.

Quote:
At last any member can frankly challenge/speak for any debate/discussion,even for disliking any ones behavior/reply/post etc,Including me also.
That sounds complex. Not many members will be able to understand.

-------

Thanks. Great suggestions.

Keep them coming.
30th December 2009, 09:58 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

i have a suggestion about the points system :-
now it is like whenever we post a answer ,we are given points for that at that instance only.....but the answer is not approved........

i would like to suggest you to give points only when the answer is approved..........

one can easily take advantage of the present system by posting more posts in less time during the last hours of the scholarship......and may even win it.....although their points will be reduced next day because of useless answers ,......but it will be too late then....

i know this will be challenge for the moderators for approving answers at short time......but it will be good for the forum........

i hope you will consider my point........
30th December 2009, 10:15 PM
Admin
Administrator

@amarjit,

Yes we were concerned about the abuse of points system in last few hours of scholarships.

We took care of it by approving/rejecting the posts right before the end time.
Quote:
i would like to suggest you to give points only when the answer is approved..........
We followed that in first scholarship, but it was confusing for some members. Also, it's encouraging for new members to see themselves in the rankings list right after they make a few posts - instant feedback works great in motivating them. Which is why we decided to give points instantly.
30th December 2009, 10:28 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Thanks for it.

I think instant point system is good,but they should be a time limit that we can post till 12 hours before the announcement of the results,or any similar system.

Posting are approved till 11:59 on result day that is not good.
1st January 2010, 12:31 AM
quddus

I AM VERY HAPPY TO JOIN THIS FORUM.

I think this forum should give some cool look,otherwise everything is good.

Thanks
1st January 2010, 01:36 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Hi sir
i am happy to join this site and also advised to you can provided scholarship for winner students but at last wish in not qualified members you to provided certificate for top ten only
happy new year
1st January 2010, 01:58 PM
yashees

i really appreciate ur step towards , the world of internet , i really fell that these kind of contest or scholarship programs help the fresh mind to come forward and earn some thing for them self../
2nd January 2010, 09:22 AM
rinesh

yes its a excellent method to interact with each other and to share knowledge,views .it generates a kind of brotherhood.
2nd January 2010, 08:05 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,
I think it will be better if we will be able to know our previous as well as current performance,a small statics or something which will help us to be updated on our performance.

Thanks.
2nd January 2010, 11:14 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Sir,
I think it will be better if we will be able to know our previous as well as current performance,a small statics or something which will help us to be updated on our performance.

Thanks.
Good idea. It can be implemented easily. We'll try to do it.
3rd January 2010, 12:06 PM
Abhishek Dhoot

Its really good to have contest online and get Scholarships+Certificates .....Iam enjoing to participate
frankly speaking its really though competion.........
4th January 2010, 08:37 PM
preeti dagar

It is a good way to help some one who actually need it.
5th January 2010, 02:00 PM
permilla sharma

thanks for help.........................god will help you
5th January 2010, 03:57 PM
Abhilash Bachulinge

hi sir
frankly speaking i think first 10 candidates should be given the certificates
its good
this scholarship provides students help in developing their communication
skills and to get the right path

thank you
5th January 2010, 04:58 PM
Abhishek Dhoot

iam feeling good to have competition online....its very hard to beat them who are on the top ranking but still i will try to defeat them............
5th January 2010, 07:52 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhilash Bachulinge View Post
hi sir
frankly speaking i think first 10 candidates should be given the certificates
its good
this scholarship provides students help in developing their communication
skills and to get the right path

thank you
The value of certificate will get diluted in that way. At this time, we'd stick to current format.
6th January 2010, 12:50 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

is there any way by which we could know if our answers are good enough ....
it can be done if you can rate our posts at the time of approval......
it will be very motivating if done ......

i want to know if my answers are help full or not......it is some time felt that may be i am answering for points as i am not able to see if my answers are help full......
in the beginning i used to get good comments and reputation , but these days i haven't got any
although the standard of answering the questions is the same.......

it is always required to get feed back.....so i need some feed back in turn of the posts i do .......
and so will be required by every one.......
so i will be good if you could rate posts ......by stars or some other way......
6th January 2010, 01:28 AM
Admin
Administrator

Amarjit,

What you are asking is valid. But, that is not scalable. It would have been possible for us to rate the posts if we were getting like 100 posts each day. But now that number of posts have increased, rating each post is just not feasible.

As for feedback, we are bringing some modification to the points system very soon.
6th January 2010, 10:41 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

i agree with faiyaz on the time limit thing,
in what i have observed most of the people give maximum post in last 3 hours
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?