23rd January 2010, 09:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Talking Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

Sir,

I want to know that why 'Helpers group' or senoir member++ have been withdraw,not only from me but also from few other senior members.

Is'nt my post are helpful,for been a senior member ++ ?

Thank you
26th January 2010, 01:04 AM
Admin
Administrator

Default Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
Sir,

I want to know that why 'Helpers group' or senoir member++ have been withdraw,not only from me but also from few other senior members.

Is'nt my post are helpful,for been a senior member ++ ?

Thank you
Only due to some technical issues. No other reason for making this change.
26th January 2010, 08:41 AM
khusi

sir,
i find this multiplier things very biased ,the bonus points should be given on basis of the answers given in om going scholarships and not on basis of performance in previous scholarships,in what i see is some of the members are being given more points only because they are old even though there answers are useless
26th January 2010, 04:01 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khusi View Post
sir,
i find this multiplier things very biased ,the bonus points should be given on basis of the answers given in om going scholarships and not on basis of performance in previous scholarships,in what i see is some of the members are being given more points only because they are old even though there answers are useless
We are not giving points based on previous scholarships session. As we go towards the end of the session, you may notice up/down in points because we'd be adjusting multiplier values for all members according to their performance based only on the current ongoing session.
27th January 2010, 01:02 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,

I was thinking that it will be better of a new thread where we can post sample papers or link to that sample papers,it will be helpful alot.

I am only feeling this need because the attachment limit is very limited (19.2kb) which is not enough to attach the sample papers.

Thank you
27th January 2010, 02:14 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Sir,

I was thinking that it will be better of a new thread where we can post sample papers or link to that sample papers,it will be helpful alot.

I am only feeling this need because the attachment limit is very limited (19.2kb) which is not enough to attach the sample papers.

Thank you

Very good suggestions. Point noted..........

~Admin
29th January 2010, 11:38 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

i have noticed that most of the members of this forum are students only......
and as the competition is increasing one has two choices ....
either he can join the competition or leave the forum.....
joining the competition requires quantity and quality of answers.....

now quality factor can be controlled but the quantity takes a lit of time ......
which is not there now for many members ......

so i was thinking if you make the scholarship totally based on quality of answers and assign quantity of questions to each member....

and so you will get sufficient time to approve the answers and check the quality of answers.......

this system will save a lot of your members ,who were having a thought to leave the forum.......

limited questions can be answered in a day and then points will depend on the quality of the answers we give........

please consider this........

till now i haven't seen a new forum where we can our self give details of various application forms and courses and then those who have any queries can post it below the topic.....
i gave this suggestion long back.......
29th January 2010, 06:17 PM
priya143

hi, admin
i want to know that when are you going to evaluate our answers,
i think no answers are getting evaluated from last 3-4 days,is there any problem?
30th January 2010, 03:29 AM
Admin
Administrator

@amarjit,

We can not ignore 'quantity' completely. The multiplier system is working fine and it has really taken care of "points-inflation" to certain extent.

Quote:
so i was thinking if you make the scholarship totally based on quality of answers and assign quantity of questions to each member....

and so you will get sufficient time to approve the answers and check the quality of answers.......

this system will save a lot of your members ,who were having a thought to leave the forum.......
10 half-decent answers are no less than 2 excellent answers. All I can say is - we'll try to improve multiplier system continuously.
30th January 2010, 03:30 AM
Admin
Administrator

@priya,

they have been approved now. We had some time constraints, but now things are fine.
30th January 2010, 03:37 AM
sumitkumarinmit

hey while posting i often find logging error so i post it again but when i view them few have double replies does this affects any how on my points
1st February 2010, 01:45 PM
komal22

Thumbs up Re: Your Feedback and Suggestions

I think this type of forums will help the students seeking answers..
Its also a great advantage to students who require scholorships though the highest amount of scholorship is not very high ..
certificates are of great help!
1st February 2010, 06:18 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

it will be very good if one is aware of the posts he or she is making is relevant or not and i want to say that this service is really cool and worthy to one and all who joins it so thanks to the whole team for launching such a platform to get our solutions so easily.

thanks a lot,
to 1 and all.....
good luck and keep it up pals....
1st February 2010, 08:56 PM
valentine

I like this ..is very help full...they are providing clear idea about our question.its very verys very use full
3rd February 2010, 01:46 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

sir really its a very good contest.here a person can improve the writing speed/verbal knowledge.and also feel pleasure to think that they are also helping the other students.
and scholarship+certificate made this contest more popular.
3rd February 2010, 10:18 AM
Aishwary

This is a good contest for help of fresher student.....
And if you want then you can do one modification that is pleas give certificate of all 10 members.......

Regards
Aishwary
3rd February 2010, 04:37 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishwary View Post
This is a good contest for help of fresher student.....
And if you want then you can do one modification that is pleas give certificate of all 10 members.......

Regards
Aishwary

It has been answered before. We don't want to dilute the value of certificates.
3rd February 2010, 06:09 PM
Ankush narayan

I appreciate your idea of promoting this site and helping students thanks.
4th February 2010, 03:41 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

hello sir, i think here people are just trying to give some kind of relevant answer not the qualitative answer.they are just trying to increase there points.so if you can any thing regarding this problem then please do some thing.
5th February 2010, 12:23 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes i think the chat box should be removed even thogh it is helpful people are not using it much
5th February 2010, 02:48 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

[IMG][/IMG]

I think people here are not intersted in chat section,they just want to mind there own business,so it will be better if 'chatter section' is replaced by a thread or something where we can post 'question papers' or sample papers,because in my experiance about this site more then 40% questions are regarding 'sample or question papers'.

One more thing,in my experiance to this site more then 10% questions are asked regarding what is the date of this exam or that exam? so,it'nt it will be better if a thread where or new forum discussion will be there where we can update the upcoming exam dates and all.

Thank you

Last edited by faiyaz; 5th February 2010 at 03:27 PM.
5th February 2010, 08:39 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
hello sir, i think here people are just trying to give some kind of relevant answer not the qualitative answer.they are just trying to increase there points.so if you can any thing regarding this problem then please do some thing.
Yes there are few members who are just after points. We are trying to discourage them from doing this by decreasing the points they get for each answer. Moreover, those members who post quality answers will get more points per answer. If we see intolerable manipulation attempt from any member, we'll ban them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
yes i think the chat box should be removed even thogh it is helpful people are not using it much
We are going to let the "Chat Box" live for some time, if it still doesn't get enough usage, we'll remove it.

Quote:

I think people here are not intersted in chat section,they just want to mind there own business,so it will be better if 'chatter section' is replaced by a thread or something where we can post 'question papers' or sample papers,because in my experiance about this site more then 40% questions are regarding 'sample or question papers'.

One more thing,in my experiance to this site more then 10% questions are asked regarding what is the date of this exam or that exam? so,it'nt it will be better if a thread where or new forum discussion will be there where we can update the upcoming exam dates and all.

Thank you
Two sections namely "Question Papers" and "Notifications" will soon be added on the forum, thanks. Do let us know if you have suggestions for any possible sections.
5th February 2010, 09:24 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

i think people should give some what relevant answers instead of just writing 1-2 lines about the questions asked and some of them are even writing totally uninformative answers and still getting points and plz check that if a person is giving answers then he/she should give answers with details, i.e and is if reffering to some site or some newspaper then should also mention the date and the notice no etc so that the information is of some sort of help and should also give some personal advice along with it and just not the details of the exams . i think in that way one can do a better job while helping and not just collecting points should be the aim of the members..
thanks. i hope you will certainly look into it..

i hope i am posting quality answers and i will like to continue to do so but please inform me regarding any of the inappropiate answers or any of the incomplete answers or any scope of improvement by me so that i can make my information more useful to people..
thanks
6th February 2010, 12:51 AM
Admin
Administrator

@rrmohantysmile,

You are absolutely right about the posting of irrelevant/useless answers. We are trying to overcome it by giving more points to those who post informative posts. We are even penalizing people for posting copied/irrelevant/bogus answers. The system is far from perfect, but it's improving.
7th February 2010, 07:02 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

If you think I am eligible for being a 'Moderator' then why not.

I am interested and also ready to lead.

Thank you
7th February 2010, 07:11 PM
Admin
Administrator

@faiyaz,

Would you be able to give 3-4 hours daily to the forum?
7th February 2010, 08:54 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

oh yes, sure i can
most probably i can give my time 6 days in a week..
if required 7 ..
7th February 2010, 09:28 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Ya of course,there was two reasons why I was out for this session,my upcoming exams and the next important one is I am participating in 'Yahoo Answers' the deadlines for which is march 31.

Since,yahoo answers is a world level competetion there are very few chances for me to win that scholarship,but since I am more familiar with 'Forum' now, so I can miss 'Yahoo answers' oppurtunity but not this oppurtunity given by you.

Aur jaha tak baat hai exams ki "There is nothing official about it" i will manage it.

Thank you.

Last edited by faiyaz; 8th February 2010 at 01:16 PM.
8th February 2010, 12:02 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Because i am new so i can't give new idea but i like this site because every member communicate with each other and give suggestions to each other........
8th February 2010, 12:14 AM
mathur

I'm interested in being the 'moderator'.
I can give 3-4 hours daily to the forum.
I was out of the session because of my exams.
If u think I'm eligible I'm ready for it.
8th February 2010, 09:26 AM
vishalachi

i am new to this i think its useful for all to ask they questions and get clear idea about what the doing?thanks to create this work.......
8th February 2010, 01:24 PM
quddus

Quote:
"We'll soon be taking applications for post of "Moderator" for the forum.Let us know if you are interested".
I recived this sms.

Since,I have very low activities in the forum,I don't think I am eligible for post of 'Moderator' but I think senior members like- amarjit,Faiyaz,Maddusajj etc. are eligible for it.

So,you can select from them.

~Regards~
Quddus
8th February 2010, 11:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,

I am still waiting for your reply.............
9th February 2010, 05:06 PM
Admin
Administrator

Mintoo, Faiyaz, rrmohantysmile,

We have noted your names. Will contact you whenever we open up posts for moderators.
9th February 2010, 05:35 PM
Abhishek Dhoot

good evening Sir
I like the chat section in this forum,,,,,,thanks for adding this
now a days iam busy in studies,,,so i cannot post,,but after 2 months i will be back
to forum!!!!
9th February 2010, 05:49 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

oh yes, thanks for the offer of promotion i will be looking forward to it..
9th February 2010, 06:03 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

sir,

Thanks for your response

Quote:
Do you think that there are very few fresh questions added daily on the forum. You want more? Let us know-Via sms.
Yes definately I think there are very few questions approved daily on the forum.

Let me explain-

If from today I have to participate then there are only 2078 questions at present,out of which I have answered averagely 1950 questions,so we can say that at present only 100 questions I can answer,which means I can score max 1000 piont,but the required margin for getting at the top for this session is 4000 piont till 15.02.2010 and also it will be keep rising from every next session.

So,the thing I want to say is that it would be injustice with old members if atleast 40 questions should not be approved daily.

This is also one of the major reason for me for being out for some sessions,because this system is not sufficient for me to get at the top just due to lack of questions approved per day.

Hope you would be able to get my point.

Thank you

Last edited by faiyaz; 10th February 2010 at 12:03 AM.
12th February 2010, 10:35 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

sir,i have received your message regarding your selection program for the members.so i just want to know whether it will be based on the present scholarship or you will be considering the previous scholarship also.
the selection is only for the senior member or for all types of member,will i be eligible for it or not as i have not participated in the present scholarship.
12th February 2010, 11:26 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
We'll be selecting 3 to 5 people from the mebers and offer them fixed money per month for answer the questions.How's the idea? let us know-via sms.
I am always ready for any of your offer

12th February 2010, 05:51 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
sir,

Thanks for your response

Yes definately I think there are very few questions approved daily on the forum.

Let me explain-

If from today I have to participate then there are only 2078 questions at present,out of which I have answered averagely 1950 questions,so we can say that at present only 100 questions I can answer,which means I can score max 1000 piont,but the required margin for getting at the top for this session is 4000 piont till 15.02.2010 and also it will be keep rising from every next session.

So,the thing I want to say is that it would be injustice with old members if atleast 40 questions should not be approved daily.

This is also one of the major reason for me for being out for some sessions,because this system is not sufficient for me to get at the top just due to lack of questions approved per day.

Hope you would be able to get my point.

Thank you
It's understandable that you are having a hard time searching for new questions because you have been winning in all previous scholarships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjit View Post
sir,i have received your message regarding your selection program for the members.so i just want to know whether it will be based on the present scholarship or you will be considering the previous scholarship also.
the selection is only for the senior member or for all types of member,will i be eligible for it or not as i have not participated in the present scholarship.
Not limited to this session. We'll be analyzing overall performance.

----------------

Moreover, the scholarships will continue.
14th February 2010, 01:26 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

It's nice to see that senior member ++ is back its really encouraging thing,hope the technical issue with it has been solved.

But "helpers group" is no longer visible at my control panel.

But I am still little bit confused with it,I have noticed previously even a little defect in quality of answer leads to withdrawal of this membership hope the technical issue with it has been solved,while testing I have noticed that my reply is still going to be approved by a 'Moderator' even when I have deliver my best..

It would be really surprising to see lots new things in the forum when I will be back.

Thank you

Last edited by faiyaz; 14th February 2010 at 09:53 PM.
15th February 2010, 10:07 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

hi,
i saw in one of your reply s you have mentioned that members who are only answering the questions and not chatting are being discouraged by reducing there points,but is not cheating.
people come to this site to help people and not to chat,for chatting there are many other various option which is lot better than available at this forum
15th February 2010, 11:20 AM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudmishra View Post
hi,
i saw in one of your reply s you have mentioned that members who are only answering the questions and not chatting are being discouraged by reducing there points,but is not cheating.
people come to this site to help people and not to chat,for chatting there are many other various option which is lot better than available at this forum
We never said that anywhere anytime. Please give me link to where you saw the said message or better paste the entire text.
15th February 2010, 04:00 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,

since, I am back for this 7th session (16th-28th feb),hope this time I don't have to face shortage of questions any more.

I know this time the competetion is really going to be 'Heating up' I need your co-operation with that issue.

Thank you

15th February 2010, 04:33 PM
M.Rekha

Thank U for publishing the website.It is useful for all areas of students.
16th February 2010, 12:35 AM
sumitkumarinmit

i got my scholarship today sorry for being impatient ............
will return back in this session again
16th February 2010, 07:20 PM
rniveditha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hello all, in this section you can tell us what you like about this forum and what you don't. You can also suggest us things we need to modify/enhance/improve upon.

We'd also like to know what do you think about Scholarships+Certificates that we are giving here, any suggestions?
..heya truly..this site is truly exciting....
earning points to move to the top is really cool....
an encouragement to all
17th February 2010, 02:30 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,

I was back for this session,but now I am out Since,my final exams are knocking at my doors,I wont be able to login.
I will be back with in 2 months,till then lets see who will handle the top position (hope rrmohantysmile).

At last dont forget me in your prayer and memmories.

Thank you

Last edited by faiyaz; 18th February 2010 at 02:14 AM.
17th February 2010, 02:33 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Sir,

since, I am back for this 7th session (16th-28th feb),hope this time I don't have to face shortage of questions any more.

I know this time the competetion is really going to be 'Heating up' I need your co-operation with that issue.

Thank you
18th February 2010, 10:15 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i have a small problem which i feel is not fare,
what i am seeing is that the points are being given on the basis of answers given in the previous scholarships,i may have not given good answers in previous scholarships but i am really making sure that i give the correct answers up to the point in this scholarship even then value of my answer is not increasing,but some people who have given good answers in previous scholarships are being given more points in present scholarship even though there answer is absolutely rubbish,this is not fare
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?