11th March 2018, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET if pursuing MCom in Sikkim Manipal University?

Sir, I am doing MCom from Sikkim Manipal University. I want to do PhD in Commerce. For this I want to give UGC NET exam. Kindly inform me I am eligible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  2. Can I appear in UGC NET having 54.47% in MCA from Sikkim Manipal University?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Computer Application) being M.Sc(Computer Science) student of Sikkim Manipal University?
  4. Am I eligible for NET Exam having completed MA in Mass Communications and Journalism from Sikkim Manipal University?
  5. Am I eligible for doing UGC NET in Manipal University Directorate Education?
  6. Am I allowed to write TANCET exam to pursue BSc IT in Sikkim Manipal University?
  7. Is Sikkim Manipal University MBA course is approved by Kerala university?
  8. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing B.Sc Biology and M.Sc(IT) correspondence? Can I opt for UGC NET exam in IT field?
  9. MBA degree obtained from Sikkim Manipal University in the year 2012 was approved by UGC or not?
  10. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for MSc(IT) student of SMU? -- [New]
  11. Are candidates having MBA degree from Sikkim Manipal university eligible for NET?
  12. An english graduate form Sikkim Manipal university will be eligible for taking admission in IIMs since it is not certified by AICTE?
  13. Is there any value of pursuing MBA from Sikkim Manipal University?
  14. Possibility to do PhD in Computer Science for M.Sc(CS) candidate of Sikkim Manipal University?
  15. Whether B.A. of Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok has UGC approval?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in PhD Entrance Test if pursuing MBA in Sikkim Manipal University?
  17. Is Sikkim Manipal university be recognized by UGC for BA correspondence course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible for bank PO exam after graduating from Sikkim Manipal University?
22nd April 2018, 08:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET if pursuing MCom in Sikkim Manipal University?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to appear in UGC NET Examination after successful completion of M.Com in Sikkim Manipal University. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to appear in National Eligibility Test that is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC).

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UGC NET Examination is "Master's Degree" in concerned stream from a recognized university. You must have secured minimum 55% marks in the qualifying examination to be eligible.

>> As you are doing M.Com course from Sikkim Manipal University, you are eligible after successful completion of this course as you are doing Master's in the same commerce stream.

>> Candidates who are doing their final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in UGC NET Examination. I am providing you a link where you may find almost all the details about this UGC NET Examination.

Click here for Detailed Information
22nd April 2018, 11:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET if pursuing MCom in Sikkim Manipal University?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to appear in the UGC-NET examination after the completion of M.Com degree course from Sikkim Manipal University, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Commerce from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Commerce and to appear in the UGC-NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?