3rd March 2019, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to do PhD(Mechanical Engineering) for MTech postgraduate?

Hi everyone, I want to do PhD(Mechanical Engineering) course. As I have done MTech, so I think that this is a beneficial course for me. Am I right in this case? Should I do this course? Please suggest me. Waiting for your response!

13th March 2019, 12:11 AM
bokoma
Member+

Default Re: Is it beneficial to do PhD(Mechanical Engineering) for MTech postgraduate?

If your aim is to find job then the industries are looking mostly for undergraduates and postgraduates. However if you want to excel academically and are passionate about teaching then PhD is essential. However the job opportunities for PhD students are no less than that for a graduate student. PhD candidates are preferred in the Research and Development wing of both private and government industry. If you want a high salary job after doing PhD then the choice of your thesis becomes very important. If your thesis has direct industrial application then the chances of getting job increases significantly. However with help of PhD and research papers one can be recruited in faculty position in the top universities and institutions of the country.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?