24th October 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET if done public policy from NLSIU, Bangalore?

I did public policy from NLSIU, Bangalore.In the list of subjects it is not there. Am I eligible or not for appearing NET? If allowed, which subject I have to select.

Related Questions:
  1. VMOU B.A in Public Administration- Public Policy (EPA-06) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. What to do to get admission in NLSIU Bangalore after class 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. IGNOU Master of Arts in Public Administration Public Policy and Analysis Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Admission procedure and eligibility to study PG Diploma in Medical Law & Ethics in NLSIU, Bangalore?
  5. Can I apply for NLSIU entrance exam?
  6. Courses available to study in PhD at Harvard University for MCA postgraduate?
  7. Can LLB be done on correspondence basis
  8. List of reputed Law Schools in India for 5 year LLB course and how to get admission in them?
  9. How may I get admissions to ISRO(Bangalore)? I'm appearnign in 10th CBSE board from SJR Public school(Bangalore)
  10. Institutes offering full time MBA course for students who have scored less than 50%?
  11. Can I get a seat in VSS International Public School in Gnanabharathi, Bangalore if I scored 3rd division? -- [New]
  12. What should I study after completing M.A. in Political Science?
  13. B.Tech is useful for pursuing Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management?
  14. Any options available to study Law through correspondence?
  15. Books for preparation of Punjab PCS 2015 exam?
  16. Whether my LIC Policy dissolves after applying for Corporation Bank Education Loan against it?
  17. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of Health Insurance policy? Amount of policy required for it?
  18. List of the universities in Karnataka offering Ph.D program for a private employee?
25th October 2016, 12:50 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET if done public policy from NLSIU, Bangalore?

Since you have completed your Masters degree in Public Policy, you are eligible for NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

The subject combination is dependent on you, you can opt according to your choice in which you are interested.
25th October 2016, 08:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you need a post graduation degree in any discipline to become eligible for NET. Also, 55% marks in masters degree is the minimum criteria for appearing in exam.

Therefore, a diploma or any short term course is not going to make you eligible for UGC or CSIR NET or even SET/SLET.
25th October 2016, 09:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did public policy from NLSIU, Bangalore.In the list of subjects it is not there. Am I eligible or not for appearing NET? If allowed, which subject I have to select.
No, you are not allowed to apply for UGC NET exam because your subject is not matched to UGC NET subject list.

Subject list for UGC NET exam is given below

http://ugcnetonline.in/subjects.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?