23rd January 2022, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in applied mathematics after completing MSc in Mathematics (pure)?

I have completed master's in mathematics (pure) am I eligible for applied mathematics phd

25th January 2022, 10:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in applied mathematics after completing MSc in Mathematics (pure)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed master's in mathematics (pure) am I eligible for applied mathematics phd
You have completed masters degree in Mathematics so you are eligible for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters degree in Mathematics from a recognized University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
25th January 2022, 05:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in applied mathematics after completing MSc in Mathematics (pure)?

Yes, you can study PhD in applied mathematics after completion of the MSc in mathematics.

Eligibility to study PhD in Applied Mathematics is a pass in MSC degree in Applied Mathematics or Mathematics or Statistics or Physics or MCA or ME/ MTech in any branch of engineering with at least 55% marks from a recognised University.

You have to appear for the phd admission test and interview for the admission to study PhD in Applied Mathematics program.

You can study the course in various universities in India like -
GITAM University etc.
25th January 2022, 05:13 PM
Msdhoni02

Can I do a Ph.D. in applied mathematics after completing MSc in Mathematics (pure)?

Graduates of Bachelors or Masters in Applied Mathematics have the opportunity to develop careers in many fields and working environments including education and academic research, technology services or the pharmaceutics industry. Keep in mind you can also study an online PhDs in Applied Mathematics.
25th January 2022, 07:46 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for PhD programme
Masters in mathematics or equivalent subject is required for PhD programme.

Most universities in India require you to get qualified through a written test or an interview
But just an MSc degree is not sufficient to gurantee an admission in to a research program
If you have qualified any National level entrance exam like
CSIR
UGC
NET
Then such candidates are exempted from entrance exam and just have to attend an interview.
26th January 2022, 02:51 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you can do PhD in applied mathematics after completing MSc in Mathematics (pure).

Eligibility Criteria:-

The applicant must Hold a Master's degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
26th January 2022, 05:00 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do PhD in Applied Mathematics after completing MSc in Mathematics. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a Master's degree in Applied Mathematics or equivalent from a recognized university. Admission selection will be done on the basis of performance in the entrance test which is conducted by the universities. The minimum score may vary from university to university which you can check before applying.
26th January 2022, 11:08 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

For PhD in applied mathematics,you must have a post graduate degree in applied mathematics or an equivalent degree from a recognized university.

And also you have to appear in the entrance exam called GATE and UGC-NET.
2nd November 2022, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I do phD in mathematics after completing MSc in mathematics from a autonomous college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?