24th January 2019, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD(Mathematics) with 59.67% in MCom?

Hello friends, I have completed my MCom with 59.67% marks. I want to do PhD in Mathematics course now. So, can I join PhD in Mathematics course or not? Please let me know about this immediately. Thank you!

29th January 2019, 11:55 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(Mathematics) with 59.67% in MCom?

To pursue PhD Mathematic ,the candidate must have completed MSc degree in Mathematics or Physical Sciences and must have completed with at least 55% of marks from a recognised University.

Exams:

CSIR UGC NET for JRF

UGC NET for JRF
29th January 2019, 01:11 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(Mathematics) with 59.67% in MCom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I have completed my MCom with 59.67% marks. I want to do PhD in Mathematics course now. So, can I join PhD in Mathematics course or not? Please let me know about this immediately. Thank you!

No, you cannot study PhD (Mathematics) with 59.67% marks in the Master of Commerce (MCom). Eligibility to study PhD (Mathematics) is a pass in the master’s degree in Mathematics or its equivalent with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized university. Therefore, you are not eligible to study PhD (Mathematics) after completion of MCom with 59.67% marks. You can study PhD (Commerce) after completion of MCom with 59.67% marks. The PhD (Commerce) course is available in various colleges / universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?