5th July 2019, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD(Mathematics) if pursue MSc in Applied Mathematics?

Sir, I am studying BSc in Mathematics. I am a student of 2nd year from Karnatak University. I want to do PhD in Mathematics. I am interested to become a Mathematician. So, if I do MSc in Applied Mathematics after my BSc then I can apply for Mathematics PhD program or not?

13th July 2019, 07:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(Mathematics) if pursue MSc in Applied Mathematics?

Yes, surely you can apply for PhD mathematics if you have got M.Sc in Applied Mathematics from a recognised university with minimum 55% marks. In the case of the reserved category, there is a relaxation of 5% marks. Admission will be on the basis of merit through written exam and interview.

Just make sure you are well prepared for the exam and interview. Applied Mathematics is part of mathematics and you shouldn't face any issues.
14th July 2019, 07:23 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(Mathematics) if pursue MSc in Applied Mathematics?

** Yes, you are eligible to study Ph.D. (Mathematics) if pursue MSc in Applied Mathematics.

** Ph.D. Mathematics or Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics is Doctorate Mathematics course.

** The duration of Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics is three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?