27th May 2018, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Does SRM University offer PhD in Economics? Can I get admission with 50% in MA?

Hi friends, I would like to know that can I get admission in PhD program from SRM University as I have got 50 percent marks in my MA in Economics course? And I want to know that is SRM University is providing Economics PhD or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and procedure to get PhD(Economics) admission in SRM University?
  2. Does SRM University provide PhD in Mechanical stream? Procedure to get admission?
  3. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Economics course? Procedure to fillup the application form? -- [New]
  4. List of universities which offer PhD in Economics program? Is Pune University offered PhD in Economics? Procedure to apply?
  5. Does Panjab University and Kurukshetra University offer distance PhD in Economics?
  6. Colleges which offer PhD in Tax/Economics in Mumbai? Scope of study PhD in Tax/Economics?
  7. Details & procedure to get PhD(English) admission in SRM University?
  8. Is there any entrance exam to study PhD(Economics) in Mumbai University?
  9. Does Delhi School of Economics offer PhD in Economics? Entrance exam to get admission?
  10. Entrance exams available to study PhD(Economics, Finance and Management) in Cracow University of Economics?
  11. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  12. Top college which offer PhD in Economics to a candidate who has secured 74.81% in M.A. in India? Procedure to get admission?
  13. Detailed information about PhD(Economics) course offered in University of Guelph?
  14. How to join University of Mumbai for PhD in Economics? Which are the topics available for PhD?
  15. Best college, requirements and duration of PhD Economics? Scope after this course?
  16. Can I study Integrated PhD in Economics if pursuing B.Sc(Economics) 2nd year? List of colleges under Thapar University for admission?
  17. Admission procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Economics in University of Oxford for M.Sc candidate?
  18. Whether SRM University offer stipend for PhD(Electronic Science) course? Syllabus of this course?
29th May 2018, 04:58 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does SRM University offer PhD in Economics? Can I get admission with 50% in MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I would like to know that can I get admission in PhD program from SRM University as I have got 50 percent marks in my MA in Economics course? And I want to know that is SRM University is providing Economics PhD or not?

Yes, SRM University offers PhD in Economics program. Candidates must have passed MA Economics with at least 50% marks from a UGC recognized university are eligible to apply for the PhD in Economics. They have to appear for an entrance test and interview for the admission to do a PhD in Economics. Therefore, you are eligible to do a PhD in Economics at the SRM University. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SLET/MPhil shall be exempted from the entrance test. You can find the details in the SRM University website link given Click Here
30th May 2018, 06:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does SRM University offer PhD in Economics? Can I get admission with 50% in MA?

for Ph.D admission at any UGC recognized university, you need to have a PG degree with at least 55% marks. Hence, if you belong to general or OBC category, then 50% marks will not be enough.

Only in case of SC/ST/PWD, there is relaxation of 5% marks. Hence, if you belong to any of these category, then surely you can apply for admission.
31st May 2018, 11:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> Yes, SRM University is offer PhD in Economics course.

=> Ph.D. Economics or Doctor of Philosophy in Economics is Doctorate Economics course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed master degree from a well recognized university.

=> The minimum percentage required in master degree for PhD in Economics course is 55%.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission with 50% in MA. for more information you can contact at given below address.

CONTACT ADDRESS

Address: Delhi Meerut Road, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh 201204
Phone: 01232 234 301
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?