24th January 2019, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(English) for a candidate with 47% in MA?

Dear friends, I have secured only 47% in MA which I was doing with English Literature. I want to do PhD program in English. So, with this percentage, I am eligible to study PhD in English or not? Please tell me immediately. Thank you!

29th January 2019, 01:19 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(English) for a candidate with 47% in MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friends, I have secured only 47% in MA which I was doing with English Literature. I want to do PhD program in English. So, with this percentage, I am eligible to study PhD in English or not? Please tell me immediately. Thank you!

Sorry, it is not possible to study PhD in English for a candidate with 47% marks in MA in English. The minimum marks required in the master’s degree in English are 55% to study PhD in English. Eligible candidates have to appear and qualify the PhD Entrance Test and Interview for the admission to study PhD in English. Therefore, candidates with 47% marks in the MA in English are not eligible to study PhD in English.
29th January 2019, 07:28 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD(English) are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their Post-Graduation from a recognized university in that particular specialization.
Candidate must have to score at least 45% to 50% aggregate.
Candidate must have to clear entrance examination to get admission.
No any particular age limit required.
29th January 2019, 08:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Red face Re: Eligibility to study PhD(English) for a candidate with 47% in MA?

Eligibility to pursue PhD in English:

A Master's degree is required to gain admission to a doctoral program. As you have completed M.A. in English hence, you are eligible.

Minimum percentage required in masters degree is 55% where is relaxation of 5% is given to reserved students from SC/ST/PH students.

Some prestigious universities give admission to those candidates who have qualified in Indian Level Examination such as National Eligibility Test for lectureship.
29th January 2019, 09:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested to pursue PhD in English must have completed at least Master's degree course in English or equivalent examination from a recognised University of India with at least 55% marks and relaxation of 5% in percentage is given to SC/ST/PH candidates.

One has to qualify JEE Entrance Test such as CSIR National Eligibility Test for JRF or NET for JRF.
29th January 2019, 09:34 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Actually you can't do PHD in English with 47% in MA. For doing PHD in English you should have to score at least 55% marks in your masters degree.
If you want to increase your marks then you should have to do MA again.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?