24th August 2020, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam available to join PhD(Fish Biotechnology) in Tamil Nadu Dr J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University? Cutoff score to secure admission?

Hi friends, I would like to know about the entrance exam through which I can join a PhD program in the specialization of Fish Biotechnology which is available in Tamil Nadu Dr J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University. Please let me know about the cutoff score also for getting admission.

26th August 2020, 10:24 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam available to join PhD(Fish Biotechnology) in Tamil Nadu Dr J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University? Cutoff score to secure admission?

University conduct entrance exam for PhD admission.
Candidate have to appear in the same subject he has completed his Post Graduation. It will take 1 hour for entrance exam.
Admission will be done on the basis of marks obtained in entrance exam.
To be eligible for counselling candidate must score minimum 50% cut off marks . for ST / SC candidate cutoff is 40% marks.

You can contact at -
TAMILNADU DR. J. JAYALALITHAA FISHERIES UNIVERSITY

Vettar River View Campus,
Nagapattinam – 611 002.

LAN: 04365- 240558

Email: [email protected]
29th August 2020, 12:36 AM
Princee97

Default Re: Entrance exam available to join PhD(Fish Biotechnology) in Tamil Nadu Dr J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University? Cutoff score to secure admission?

Yes, there is a Entrance exam available to join PhD(Fish Biotechnology) in Tamil Nadu Dr J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University.

Shortlisting of candidates is done on the basis of marks and followed by an interview.

I m describing about the pattern and process of selection for the admission in Ph.D programmes of 2019 and 2020 year both-

**In 2019 -
Marks distribution for the selection in the exam and other factors are-
1. Performance in Entrance Examination- 100 marks
2. OGPA/CGPA/Percentage in B.F.Sc or B.Tech- 90 marks
3. Work Experience- 5 marks
4. Academic Awards or Medals Received- 5 marks
**Total- 200 marks.
Selection is done on the basis of merit. A merit list prepared as per the performance in the entrance test.
Then For PhD admissions, a Personal Interview (PI) session will be held.
The candidates will be given admission on the basis of performance in the PI round.

**In 2020-
There is a entrance exam conducted by the university. The exam of one hour duration for the admission of Ph.D programmes. Exam consists of 40 marks which is maximum marks. The examination consists of MCQs type question with 4 options listed in it.
You have to choose the correct option.
Exam center - Fisheries College and Research Institute, Thoothukudi.
Those candidates who have qualified Senior Research Fellowship of ICAR do not have to appear the entrance examination.
Candidate’s performance in the entrance examination is considered for the counselling process.
The final selection of candidates in Ph.D is based upon counselling process.

**Cut off-
An average minimum of more than 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST) to be eligible for the counselling.

**For more details, you can directly visit on the official website link given below-

https://www.tnjfu.ac.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?