15th August 2019, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams to study PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication) in Aligarh Muslim University? Cutoff marks required to secure admission?

Hi everyone, I want to join Aligarh Muslim University for studying PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication). Can I know which are the entrance exams available for admission in this course and in this university? Please tell me about the cutoff marks also for the admission.

19th August 2019, 05:38 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams to study PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication) in Aligarh Muslim University? Cutoff marks required to secure admission?

Yes, entrance examination is available to study PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication at Aligarh Muslim University. Admission selection will be on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test followed by presentation cum interview. A candidate has to score minimum 50% marks in the written test to get shortlisted for the interview.

Written test would be of 2 hours duration for 80 Marks. I am giving you the description of the test below.

In Section A Multiple choice question would be there and topics are:-

Research Methodology - 40 Marks
Subject Scientific - 10 Marks

Section B is Descriptive - 30 Marks

Last is a Presentation/ Interview - 20 Marks

The other eligibility is a candidate must have done a Master's degree or equivalent in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks for general category and for SC/ST it is 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. I am also giving you the university website link for your reference that is www.amu.ac.in
20th August 2019, 02:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams to study PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication) in Aligarh Muslim University? Cutoff marks required to secure admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I want to join Aligarh Muslim University for studying PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication). Can I know which are the entrance exams available for admission in this course and in this university? Please tell me about the cutoff marks also for the admission.
Entrance exam to study PhD(Journalism & Mass Communication) in Aligarh Muslim University:-

UGC NET JRF exam

Educational qualification required for UGC NET exam in Mass Communication is masters degree in Mass Communication from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given to SC/ST category candidates. Final year students are also eligible for UGC NET exam.

Cutoff marks is vary from year to year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?